Pages: 1
RSS
Is this a bug?

I have found a possible bug with theBat in the filtering system. I had common filters setup in a tree format, 1st level contains the domain names, second level in the tree contains the usernames. I have over 500 filters so this is the best way for me to make it work easily. Normally within a specific account the Log will show a filter action like this:

filtered  (processed by "Office", "Accounting Dept")

Where "Office" is the first level and "Accounting Dept" is the second level.

Well when the filter is in the "Common Filters" is shows a filter action like this:

filtered  (processed by "Accounting Dept")

Not only is it not running through the first level but because the second level is vague as it is supposed to pass through the first level it is making a mess catching the wrong ones.

For now I have just made 1 level common filters so the mails I want to go to this main account where I am setting up all the filters will take them there and then "Continue Processing filters"

Any suggestions? Am I just a complete idiot? I tried so many different things. I am using TheBat 3.62 (I upgraded today thinking it would be an issue).
Regards,

Nick
Find Costa Rica Real Estate at TicoVista

There's a known bug witht those nested common filters, you could add a note to this report:
https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view.php?id=4021

Thank you for your reply I have, followed up there. On a seperate note, last night I left my machine on and I guess after doing all those filters and moving around without closing the program it got a little twisted up. So this morning when I came back to my computer I see that TheBat had an exception. Well when I closed it and re-opened it then went to the filters area I didn't see any of the filters I made over the last week. I tried complete re-install / back-up / restore and still the same things is happening. The best part of all this is that the Filters are still working. If a mail comes in that meets the criteria it obeys them but I cannot physically see the filters. Does anyone have any suggestions at all. I would like to get them back but if I cannot just deleting them and having to make each one would be fine.
Regards,

Nick

I would like to add: I cannot add any new filters. When I try it creates it I see it, then I click ok or close the filter screen and then re-open it the filter I created is gone.
Regards,

Nick

Does the same occur to all accounts or just to one/some or the common filters.
As each account has its own account.srb file with filters (the one for common filters in the mail directory) you could close TB and only delete the account.srb that causes problems.

When you upgraded from v2 you might still have left your account.srx files, deleting the account.srb (with TB closed) should cause TB to convert the .srx file to .srb on starting.