Pages: 1
RSS
Bat 3 won't work on old 2.xx filters, Bat 3 filters

Hello..!

I have a series of filters set up in my previous version of The Bat.. They all worked perfectly, and when I upgraded to 3, most of them now do nothing. I've tried refiltering, and editing them a little, but to no avail.  There is not a selection for 'anywhere in the message as in previous versions, and they don't function.  Obvious things have been looked at.  

One simple example.  Mail with ebay in it, anywhere should go to the inbox/ebay folder.  It used to work, now, it sits in the inbox.

Another should go into a business folder and send an autoresponse message.  Neither happens anymore.  If this is the results of upgrading to 3, i will have to move back down to 2.xx as I use and expect these filters!

Anyone got any clues?

Thanks!

marty

My filters looked ok when I upgraded.

Are all of your filters malfunctioning or is it only a couple of them?

Did you check your filters whether some of them have been converted badly? The reason your ebay filter does't work, could be a filter that's placed above it and doesn't do anything...

hello.. I put ebay at the top.  I tried it in common, and nothing has helped. As i said, they worked fine in 2.xx.. Why they suddenly stop in 3 is odd as The Bat has always been a great upgrade and a very reliable product!

I'm not sure what i can else to try.. so anything you can think of works for me.. I may try disabling them all and adding them back in one at a time til i find the problem.  

One thing I saw was a flag to process other filters.. this is new.  does it have to be on in all of them?

And where did the 'look anywhere' option go?

thanks!

marty

Try to disable the 'Known filter' first. and see whether that helps.

One thing I saw was a flag to process other filters.. this is new. does it have to be on in all of them?
It's not new, it's been available in TB as long as I've been using TB.
It should not be on in any filter, unless you want messages that triggered one filter also trigger another.

And where did the 'look anywhere' option go?
It's being called 'message source' now

I'm having this very same problem. In fact it's why I came to the forums tonight.

I had a big set of filters set up in TB v2.x that all worked great. I had them doing all sorts of things for several domain accounts.

Some moved messages to subfolders depending on TO: field. Others were more complex and moved messages to a different folder, created an autoreply based on a template and queued it in Outbox.

After upgrading to TB 3.x some of my filters just don't work anymore.

Since I use a main email account that filters into different email names/identities below I need to filter all main email to this folder first, then filter secondary fields depending on filters.

It's here it fails. Where it's suppose to move an email to another folder and perform an autoreply it fails to move the message but still creates the reply.

I have tried to delete the filter and re-create it with the same luck. It seems to be several of my filters that act like this are now broken after upgrading to TB 3.x.
Pages: 1