Pages: 1
RSS
Bug with subject-based filtering (+suggestions)

1. Filtering based on subject doesn't work when the subject is encoded. For example this subject (russian) "Бродячие собаки" doesn't match Regexp "\bсобак.\b", because in the source it looks like this:
"Subject: =?Windows-1251?B?wfDu5P/36OUg8e7h4Oro?="

2. It would be best if there is a filtering field "Message text" similar to "Message source", but which contains the unencoded, text-only (html stripped, as in the text-only message viewer) text AND subject of the message.

Now I have to filter both "text" and "subject" :(

3. I would like to have a filtering action called "Stop filtering", which would override the "Continue processing with other filters" option.

Filtering based on subject doesn't work when the subject is encoded. For example this subject (russian) "Бродячие собаки" doesn't match Regexp "\bсобак.\b", because in the source it looks like this:
"Subject: =?Windows-1251?B?wfDu5P/36OUg8e7h4Oro?="

Why don't you filter for encoded string? That should work. However if you'd like to do a bug report, please do so at bugtrack. (Same location as the wishlist, only nw you choose 'The Bat!' instead of 'The Bat Wishes')

It would be best if there is a filtering field "Message text" similar to "Message source", but which contains the unencoded, text-only (html stripped, as in the text-only message viewer) text AND subject of the message.

This forum is not the right place to add wishes, that should be done at the wish list:

You can insert wishes in the wish list, by logging in to:
https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/main_page.php
Choose 'The Bat! wishes' and add a new item.
First check whether someone has made the same wish, then you can
support that wish.
Wishes that are supported by more users are more likely to be granted
than wishes by one. And the system isn't smart enough to understand
that wishes might be the same.
And add just one wish per entry. Makes everything easier, both for
other users who want to add support and for the developers.

I would like to have a filtering action called "Stop filtering", which would override the "Continue processing with other filters" option.
To be honest, that wouldn't make a lot of sense. The 'Continue processing' option is meant for those rare cases where you've got a message that triggers a filter, but what you'd like to trigger another filter too.
It's rather useless to create a filter with the continue processing option and simultaneously add an action to stop processing. In that case you just don't check the continue processing option.