Pages: 1
RSS
Force Quick Template to override address book template?

Is there a setting or macro that will force a Quick Template to override an address book template? For example, I have an address book template for general messages to my assistant (a simple greeting, informal signature, etc.). I also have a Quick Template, available for use in new messages, with a substantial amount of standard text providing instructions for setting up new files (i.e., when I need a new physical file created and indexed, I send a message with this template, filling in a few blanks identifying the client, type of litigation, index keywords, and the like).

The problem is, the address book template overrides the Quick Template. When I click in the editor, the "new file" template text disappears, leaving only the informal greeting/signature. I know that one simple workaround is to include a %CLEAR macro in the quick template and insert it in the editor using the handle and Ctrl+space, but I hate workarounds. If there's a macro that will take care of this, I'd love to find it.

Thanks.

No. There is no such macro.
The only way you can do what you want is by cheating.

Have your QT address the message not via the To: header, but via the CC: header. TB doesn't need a To: header to send a message, but the To: header is used to decide whether you want to use an AB template.

When your QT doesn't take care of the addressing automatically, just take care that you're CC-ing the message instead of To-ing  ;-) it.