Pages: 1
RSS
Filter for IMAP servers, How to keep messages unread in the server even copying them locally?

Hello guys, this is my first topic here.

I have an IMAP server and I want to use it as it follows:

1- Message checking must be done every second.
2- As soon as an message comes, it will be copied to a local folder.
3- The message must remain unaltered in the server. It means I need to keep the messages unread in the server.

The first one was easy. I set The Bat to check new mail every second. The second is also working fine. I created a filter to copy everything to an specific folder.

The third one is wich is giving me the creeps. I included an action to set the message unread when copying it to the local folder, but The Bat sets all new messages on the server to "read". :cry:

I must be doing something wrong, because this filter is very simple: I just want to copy the new messages on the server and keep them unread there.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

I have the same problem and I can't fix it. I have set up filters to copy the files to my local folder, then mark the message unread, and then I tried mark as read then back to unread. I tried moving them to the local folder first, then copying them back to the server, this kills bandwidth, and didn't work anyways. I tried the same scenario in Thunderbird and did not have the problem, so I don't think it is server side. In fact, my IMAP folders show unread mail until I click on the folder, then everything goes to read. ??????.
Pages: 1