Pages: 1
RSS
fill in email address, add email address to template

Hi,

I have some folders set up with templates. When I hit 'create a new message' the template opens up and all is well. But I would like it to open with the persons email address already filled in. Like it does if I open a template from the address book.

Ideas ?

thanks,

Mike  

Oh yes. Simple enough to do, but rather dangerous.

%modifyonce("To")%-
%To=""%To="Fred Bloggs <fred@bloggs.org>"

Just add this to the folder template and it will automatically address any new message created while that folder has the focus. Even when you use the system wide hotkey for a new message while TB is minimized. Even when you click a mailto link.

It's just as easy to make that person one of your "favourites" so their address is in the dropdown next to the "Create new message" button on the toolbar.
iviarck

thanks very much !

before I do it - why is it dangerous ? :-)

Mike

That was hidden in the paragraph after the macro examples:

Marck Pearlstone wrote:
... it will automatically address any new message created while that folder has the focus. Even when you use the system wide hotkey for a new message while TB is minimized. Even when you click a mailto link.

That's any message - even if you didn't mean to send it to that person but forgot that their folder still had the focus in the main window.

That's the danger. It's why, out of 300+ folders in my The Bat! system, only 3 have folder templates.
iviarck

well I used the code that you gave me on several folders and when the focus is on them and I hit "create a new message" the new message open with the address filled in plus the greeting etc. - so I'm a happy camper, thanks, Michael
Pages: 1