Pages: 1
RSS
Can I reveive and read MsOutlook appointments with TheBat ?

Hi, my company has decided to inform us about dates for discussions, conferences etc. from now on by means of an Outlook appointment. They no longer send mails including days and hours for these events. But without MsOutlook on my PC and only using TheBat! (Home, 5.8.8 ) and MsOffice 2010 Home and Student I cannot receive these appointments. Or is there any chance with a plug-ins or tool?
Thanks for any tip, cause I don't want to buy Outlook!
Gerd

Hi,
before writing in this Forum, I told my problem to the German Ritlabs support. But I got nothing but the answer: "TheBat! is not able to display MsOutlook appointments." That's all. No more help or tips. And it looks as if nobody here can help.

Now, after searching the Internet for two hours, in order to get a tip how to solve the problem without buying MsOutlook I have found a solution.

MsOutlook appointements are sent as attachment of an email. This attachment is written in the VCalendar format, in plain text. This attachments contains start and end point of the appointment, the content/topic and many more informations. Now you can either:

- create a personal and free Google-Calendar and import this attachment. The appointment is then written into your calendar. Maybe many other calendar-tools can manage this import function as well, I don't know.

- Or you open the attachment and look for some lines in it which look like this:
SUMMARY;LANGUAGE=de-DE:Telephone Conference
DTSTART;TZID=W. Europe Standard Time:20140520T110000
DTEND;TZID=W. Europe Standard Time:20140520T123000
I think one can see the topic and the appointement.

I wonder, why Ritlabs up till now hasn't created a plug-in or command, so that every appointement in an email is shown automatically. I had almost decided to leave TheBat! and buy MsOutlook, and I think this could happen to many users.
Kind regards, Gerd
Pages: 1