Pages: 1
RSS
Has The Bat Voyager some limitation?, The Bat Voyager, limit for folders size or email quantity, importing .tbk

Hi friends,

1) I want to buy The Bat Voyager, but I wonder if there is a limit for folders size or email quantity. I have a lot of emails to import (near 10 GB), can The Bat Voyager do the job?

2) I have a friend who are using The Bat 4.2.9.1, and I want to synchronize emails with him using The Bat Voyager. Are you sure that the latest versiones of The Bat Voyager can import a .tbk files exporteded from The Bat older versions (like 4.2.9.1). Can The Bat 4.2.9.1 import a .tbk file exported from the latest versiones of The Bat Voyager?

Thank you. Regards!!

Hi Carlos,

after trialing The Bat on and off over many years I finally purchased it yesterday and I switched to Voyager almost immediately, so I can have my mails on different computers. I have 11 GB of mails and it works very well, definitely faster than Outlook etc. with the same amount of messages.

With regards to your second question, when I click on Export... I get this popup:
http://screencast.com/t/RJ6R04goarKr

So all versions starting from 4.1 and later should be able to import/export to each other. If you're not sure whether to purchase it or not, just get a trial of The Bat! Professional, it's almost the same program as Voyager.
Hope that helps, best wishes, Claus

There was a database change starting with version 5.1 (If I remember correctly) and if you convert it, it can't be read by previous versions

Many thanks Claus Conrad and Rick G !
Very helpful answer Claus!
Rick, do you mean 4.1? (Please see the popup uploaded by Claus).

Thank you all for your concern. I will try. Bye.
Edited: Carlos Alinio - 26 August 2014 22:11:15

That might be it - honestly, I forget when the database changed. Claus' graphic says it
Pages: 1