Pages: 1
RSS
Message vanishes while I am reading it

This is weird.  I just installed 6.7.7.0 on a new machine after using 5.4 for literally years.  At first I thought I was mistaken about this but it is entirely repeatable.

When I download all my email accounts with the workspace set for message auto-view I click on a message in the message list and it is displayed in the lower pane as expected.  After a few seconds the row in the message list is unbolded as expected because it is now read.  But then about 5-10 seconds later the message just disappears fr om the message list and the next message is displayed in the lower pane.

If I switch to another mailbox and then switch back the "vanished" message reappers but shown in bold as if unread.  Re-sorting the message list does not restore the vanished message however.  Once the message reappears, if I click on it to see it in the lower pane the same thing happens again after a few seconds.

I would ask if I've got some setting wrong somewh ere but I can't imagine how this behaviour would ever be desirable.

What's going on?
Edited: Roy Hann - 20 January 2015 18:08:33

That is not correct behavior. Try running the maintenance center and see if this fixes it. If not, is it happening in just one folder or all folder? It is an indexing or corruption problem, both easily fixed

Also, is this happening on a POP or IMAP folder?

Thank you Rick.  

It's still very early but running the maintenance centre seems to have fixed that problem, plus another one that I'd been ignoring (messages manually marked as junk would disappear only to reappear later).

To answer your question, it's a POP folder.

[Update: spoke too soon.  It's still happening.]
Edited: Roy Hann - 21 January 2015 13:17:57

I spoke too soon.  It's still happening.

I've been seeing this issue, but haven't looked into it.

POP
Make a new folder somewhere. Drag all the messages fr om the folder that are doing the disappearing. Use windows explorer to go to the bad folder and delete everything in it other than sub folders. Go back into the bat and drag the messages fr om the temporary folder you made back into the folder with the troubles
IMAP
Close the bat after making sure you have no saved drafts or parked message. Close the bat, go to the account wh ere this is happening via Windows Explorer. Under the account there is an IMAP folder. Check inside and you should find a bunch of files. Delete them. Reopen the bat and all will hopefully be well

The wise will copy all tiles / folders somewh ere else ... just in case

This is a big, big problem for me. Messages disappear as I'm reading them. If I move to a different folder and come back. the message will be there -- but it may go away again when I click on it. Even if I open the message into a separate window, it will just vanish.

This has been happening for a long time. I upgraded to the latest version hoping the problem would be fixed but it is not fixed. I'm seriously looking for a new email program.  

This same exact thing is happening to me and has been for awhile - but very intermittently with no rhyme or apparent reason. It has happened on the last few versions  I am on Version 7.1.18 (64-bit) right now and have used the maintenance program, switched and made new folders etc to no avail.

If anyone has an idea, I will try it.

thanks
jon

I have the same problem and have created a ticket...

If anyone has an idea I would be very grateful as it scares the hell out of me...
Pages: 1