Pages: 1
RSS
Customizing the colors of the user interface

Hello,

Two or  three years ago I tried using The Bat! but I remember that it was not possible to fully customize the colors of the user interface, in particular the background and foreground colors of the panes. For this reason alone I did not adopt The Bat! as my email client, although I was actually willing to do so (my problem is that my eyes get tired very much by the white background color, so I need a  dark background).

Is it possible now to customize the colors of the user interface, especially the background color of the window?
(Please, note that I am not asking about icons or themes, only colors)

Thank you

GellBot
Edited: Gell Bottis - 26 February 2015 22:47:02

Sure - OPTIONS / PREFERENCES / PROFILE LAYOUTS and one of the things that can be changed is the Background and also the search background

The wise would create a new profile first at least while you are learning. You can either hit the NEW button in the upper left or go one step up to Viewer Editor Profiles and do the basic creation there

Thank you, Rick.

What about the main user interface (apart from the message viewer)? For instance the pane with the message listing, or the folders directory? Can I change the colors for those?

Thank you

For instance the pane with the message listing, or the folders directory? Can I change the colors for those?

You can't change the background color of the pane but you can set color groups to messages and folders. This might partially help.  

Well, this is not satisfactory. What I need is color customization for the whole user interface, not only the message view.

It's sad to see that this has not been improved over the years. I had requested it a long time ago.
It seems that the developers don't care about it.

I am also looking for a dark theme for the message pane. Can any one help me in downloading some third party themes. Like the dark theme of  emclient.

Thanks in advance.

Hi i found a solution for this "problem".  :D

See the Screenshot

Go to Regedi / HKEY_CURENT_USER / Control Panel / Colors --> Window [change to your color, gray 158 158 158]
Log off or Restrat your PC and well done!
Pages: 1