Pages: 1
RSS
Properties of all accounts, Is there a way to change one property on all accounts? or to save a 'global template' for all accounts?

I have over 50 accounts, so changing a property on all accounts takes ages.  Is there some way to change a property (e.g. 'Empty trash on exit') in all accounts at the same time?  

Another, related feature would be to save a global template or something so that all new accounts created have the properties I want rather than setting them up individually.

Apologies if this as already covered in the forums - searching is only successful if you know the correct terms, and I'm not sure what words to use.  All of my searches were fruitless.

I absolutely agree!  Like you, I have a large number of accounts.  I also create and delete accounts frequently.  I would very much like to be able to have:

1) default settings that are automatically applied from a global template to new accounts when they're created (mail server, protocol, check at startup, delete from server, etc)
2) the ability to change one setting on all accounts    

Same here.
I would like the option of having a "default mail profile" so I only have to configure my settings once.

I am looking for the same thing. Did either of you ever find a resolution to this?
Also, I've created a custom view, but the descending order does not want to hold, even though the checkbox is checked. Also, even though I may have all message lists expanded (sorting by date - Today; Yesterday, etc) when closing the client, when I reopen, Today and all others except Yesterday are collapsed. Seems like a bug.

Actually, a global template can be created with TB! All the tools are there. It just takes a few steps. Those are:

1. Set the first account exactly as you wish it.
2. In Account>Properties, change name to something generic, such as 'SampleIMAP' or 'SamplePOP' (this is temporary only)
3. Click Tools>Backup and select ONLY Account Properties and Global Properties. Click BROWSE to create a backup file and name it after your account name, e.g., SampleIMAP. Click OK.
4. On next window, select ONLY the account named in step 2, e.g., SampleIMAP. Click OK and TB! will create a backup of the file.
5. You should now rename the account fr om step 2 back to what it was originally.

You now have a global template you can use to create new accounts. To do that,
a. Click Account>New.
b. In that window, do NOT enter any content. Just click the drop-down menu in lower left and select 'Backup Archive'.
c. In that window, select the generic archive you created, e.g., SampleIMAP.
d. TB! creates this account for you. (You may need to close and restart TB! after this step.)
e. Now, set the account properties to the new account, e.g., name, incoming server/port, outgoing server/port, signature, etc.

DO NOT create a sample with one protocol (such as IMAP) and attempt to use it for a different protocol (such as POP). Good luck,
david
Edited: david kirk - 23 February 2018 13:51:45
Pages: 1