Pages: 1
RSS
Sorting messages, Is possible sort messages by "Tags"?

I would need to sort messages by column "tags". Just as it is possible to sort by sender or date. Should anyone advice, please? Thanks.

Hi, it's not possible to do that...

I have opened a ticket almost 2 years ago (on September 1st, 2014) asking for the same question, and here's the support answer :
We will send the request to our program developers, thank you!

So, I think it's too complicated for them to implement this feature... good luck with the support team !
Edited: Ray - 09 March 2016 14:15:10

Can this not be done by adding the column header "TAGS" then causing to sort ascending or descending according to what is needed? I do this with Color groups

This is already how I try to do it, but it doesn't work  :) try it yourself and you'll see.

To Rick G: I tried that before I asked here. Unsuccessfully :-(

The best I have come up with is setting up a Virtual Folder that searches/filters for the specific tag, then use the sorting functions that do work (sender, date, etc.).   It isn't the greatest work around, but it does the trick for me.   (I'm running Version 7 btw)
Edited: Tiffany Treat - 30 August 2016 18:27:02

I recently put in a support ticket and was told you can't sort on tags, but it'll be fixed in a future update. We'll see.

In the meantime I found that by assigning a color group to my tags I can sort on Color Group. I just confirmed it works in the latest version.

Another way to filter them is create a message list filter for the selected tags you want. I have on that will display only a few of my main tags.
Edited: Larry Wing - 31 August 2016 03:49:38
Pages: 1