Pages: 1
RSS
Mailbox hacked, my mailbox has been hacked one week before. It sends automaticly emails to all the messages emails

Hi,
I am using thebat pro version since a long time and for the first time my mailbox has been hacked.. I never open suspicious files, except files from identified correspondants.
I am using  6.012 version at this moment.
For preventing the software to send emails, I put connexion mode on STARTTLS.

I have 5 emails boxes in the software. The email box is one of these 5.

I have tried to change the password various times but I was confused and now I have forgotten the password. I have asked the provider to send me another one.I am waiting for it.
I can't receive emails (because my password is false) but fortunately I can send emails. I don't know why.

Here are some lines taken from the login file:

11/06/2016, 07:55:02: SEND  - Connexion au serveur SMTP "smtp.wanadoo.fr" sur le port 25
11/06/2016, 07:55:02: SEND  - Connecté au serveur SMTP
11/06/2016, 07:55:02: SEND  - Envoi d'un message à "HannaKingsranlightingPanel et autres"
11/06/2016, 07:55:02: SEND  - La dernière adresse soumise était "HannaKingsranlightingPanel"
!11/06/2016, 07:55:02: SEND  - Le message n'a pas été envoyé. Le serveur a répondu "5.5.0 <HannaKingsranlightingPanel> domain name required"
11/06/2016, 07:55:02: SEND  - Connexion terminée - 0 message(s) envoyé(s)
11/06/2016, 07:55:02: SEND  - Certains messages n'ont pas été envoyés - consultez le journal des connexions (dans le menu |Compte|, touches de raccourcis : Maj+CTRL+A)

Can somebody help me to solve this problem?
Thanks
Best regards
Abdel

After checking, there is a macro somewhere which is programmed to send emails with copies every 5mn.
Abdel MAHI

I am glad you found it. If you ever get hacked, immediately change your password with your mail provider then update it in the Bat

Hi,
I didn't find it.
Yesterday, I have received my new password and now it's OK.
In the log file I have found the following:
!15/06/2016, 08:23:07: IMAP  - 10053 Une connexion établie a été abandonnée par un logiciel de votre ordinateur hôte
What is this software which try to connect?
I don't know what it means.

I don't think this is related to The Bat.

The logfile only shows communication between The Bat and the mailservers that it connects to (which you have configured).
That last error message simply means that the mailserver that you contacted terminated the connection. That in itself is not suspicious.

If people are receiving messages from you that you have not sent, there are generally only two possibilities:
  1. Someone has obtained your username and password, and is using them on their own computer to connect to your mail provider's server and send mail from your account. Or:
  2. Your own PC has a virus/malware that contains mailing functionality and that has intercepted your name and password, and it is sending mail from your computer (through your email provider's server).
Option 1 often implies that you have a virus/malware too (because that's how spammers usually obtain passwords).
Neither of these possibilities would have anything to do with The Bat, and The Bat's logfiles will not help you solve the problem.

Theoratically, you could have a macro or a scheduled event in The Bat that sends out email, but realistically, only if you have put it there yourself.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1