Pages: 1
RSS
Very small font, Emails are printing in a tiny font.

When I print an email, it comes out with such a tiny font that it is unreadable.  Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted?  My version is 7.4.10 (64-bit) and I am running Windows 7.

I ran into this also from the 7.4.8 update, tech support recommended the latest update, 7.4.12 (64-bit), I am on windows 10, but it seems to be printing better for me.  
Edited: Tiffany Treat - 17 February 2017 18:47:00 (corrected update version that broke my printout text size)

Thank you.  I just this minute got the notification of version 7.4.12.  I'll give it a try.

I downloaded the newest version and it helps a little bit, but the font is still smaller than what it should be.  

Have you tried changing the font in File | Print Setup | Tab:Font Layout?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

I don't have a "File" on any menu.  My only choices are Message, print setup.  But, I can't find any tab for font layout.

Oops, I meant Message | Print Setup.

I'm using an older version and it has a Font Layout tab in the Print Setup dialog, where you can setup fonts and sizes for all types of text (headers, body, quotes, etc).  Maybe they have moved this somewhere else in current versions.. have you looked in the account properties? Maybe you can setup a template for printing there.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

As a bystander I am hoping to see a solution to this, as there have been two threads on the topic of font size when printing in past few days. There is no Font Layout Tab in current version and I would like to take advantage of this feature, if possible. I did locate info on the old help file, indicating that "the Font layout tab allows you to pre-define font faces, styles, sizes and  colours for various aspects of the printed message, like quoted text and special  consideration for printing HTML messages." Is the ability to set these features gone?  I'm still on the learning curve and this looks like a nice feature. However, in 7.4.12 the Print Preview does not match what is printed, the print being slightly smaller. From Ann's and Tiffany's comments this sounds like it's still a bug (?)

As far as I am concerned, this is a bug and is very frustrating.  I'd like to be able to read email messages that I print out. The only font size I have found so far is for the font that is displayed on the screen, but not for printing out. If anyone can help me get this straightened out, I would be very grateful. This only started recently and I can't remember which update it started with.  There have been several very close together recently.

For what it's worth, I tested this with version 7.3.8 and the problem does not exist with that version. So I agree; it looks like a bug.

Ann,
A temporary workaround, assuming your messages are plain text, would be to increase font size in Options>Preferences>ProfileLayout a point or two. Good luck.

Thank you!  I did that and it a little better, but still not what it was prior to the upgrades.  Oh well, I guess I'll just wait for an answer to my support ticket to see if they have any other suggestions.  I appreciate your help.

There is no Font Layout Tab in current version and I would like to take advantage of this feature, if possible. I did locate info on the old help file, indicating that "the Font layout tab allows you to pre-define font faces, styles, sizes and  colours for various aspects of the printed message, like quoted text and special  consideration for printing HTML messages." Is the ability to set these features gone?
I've just checked in my older version, and the settings made in the Font Layout tab are saved to a file named PRINT.INI in the MAIL folder.

On the off-chance that the dialog was removed, but this settings file still exists, you could try locating it on your system and see if maybe you can edit it manually?

Thanks, I'll check that out to see if I can find the file and edit it.  

I found the file, but it looks like the same settings as I have in the printer setup/user profiles settings.  Frankly, it is very frustrating for the support people to not answer this question and address this problem.  I have had a ticket on this issue and have not gotten anything by the automated response saying there has been a ticket created.

This is obviously an issue for at least two of us and probably more. It happened after one of the latest updates, but has not been corrected in the last update. I truly want to continue to use The Bat.  I like it and it works well, but it needs to have the bugs fixed in a timely manner.

Yes I agree that must be frustrating. If you have Facebook, maybe you can grab their attention there?

As an aside, I experimented with the PRINT.INI and it seems to be ignored. I deleted the file and results were the same. The file didn't exist in 7.3.8, yet that version printed properly.

The developers will resolve this issue with the font sizes, in version 7.4.14.

Since version 7.4.4.10, The Bat! made small zoom which was based on print margins - larger the margins, larger the zoom to decrease the printed page. If you set zero margins, then the page will almost not be zoomed. Because of this zoom, the font size also became smaller.

But it should be OK since version 7.4.14, which will be available within a day or two.

Thanks for sharing this. Although I'm a fairly new user of TB! (using trial version the past month and my receipt is dated Feb 21, 2017) I've been very impressed with the fact that TB! development continues actively and customer support is so prompt. I'm looking forward to 7.4.14.  
david

Just want to say that the small font in printing finally got solved!!  Thank you!!!!  It wasn't fixed for me until the update from today of 7.4.16, but it is fixed.  What I see on my print preview is printing out perfectly now.  I am a happy camper.
Pages: 1