Pages: 1
RSS
Address Book, Setting defaults

When I add an address to my address book, is there's any way that I can default the "Display Name As" field to first, last.  It's defaulted currently to unspecified.

TIA  

I also have it set to collect addresses under preferences, but I don't see that working for now.  What am I doing wrong.  

The address book setting of name display is unique for each entry. My guess is you're adding entries that are in format 'lastname,firstname'. I'm running 7.4.16 and the default I see is 'user-defined'.

Are you using IMAP? I also don't have the collect feature working and my own experiences (and entries in this forum) cause me to believe some features aren't implemented for IMAP (such as the ability to empty trash on exit). But I would enjoy being corrected on that.

Dave,
For now I am using a POP account.  I am also running 7.4.16 and see the user defined.  I am looking to change that default to <first last> as that's how I start typing my emails.  For example I would type Dave for you and then sel ect fr om the Dave's that appeared in the drop down.  But it is still not behaving as one would think it is supposed to.

Donal Waide wrote:
When I add an address to my address book, is there's any way that I can default the "Display Name As" field to first, last.  It's defaulted currently to unspecified.
As of version 7.4.16, there is no way to set a default pattern for "Display name as." I would like to see that option added in a future update of the program.
Pages: 1