Pages: 1
RSS
Anyone have trouble with The Bat and the Windows Creator update? Just me eh?

:cry: If I let Windows update to the "Creator" version then The Bat simply will not load or run, it just exits with a message that the program has stopped working. Windows is persistent on trying to update and I've had to roll back just to get The Bat to work again. I've uninstalled/reinstalled The Bat after Windows has updated with no success.  I'm running the latest version of The Bat.

Anyone else had this problem? have a solution?

Running Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
Edited: Dean Gangstee - 04 November 2017 02:45:38

I've had no problems with Creator version (1703), Windows 10 Home.

Have you tried running in Safe Mode, running as Admin, running in Win7 compatibility mode? If one of those works, it may give you a hint as to the cause of the problem.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

OK, I let Windows update to the "Creator" version and again The Bat (8.0.10) will not run, all I get when starting The Bat is a message that says:

"The Bat! Email Client bt RitLabs, SRL has stopped working.
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I just bought the latest upgrade of The Bat too.

I also tried running the program as the Administrator and with compatibility mode (Windows 8, 7) with the same result.

Is there anyone from RITLabs that reads and responds to messages in the forums?
Edited: Dean Gangstee - 17 November 2017 22:47:54

Dean Gangstee wrote:
Is there anyone from RITLabs that reads and responds to messages in the forums?
Officially no, it's a user-to-user forum. For technical support, go to https://www.ritlabs.com/en/support/

Have you googled for "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly"?  Many suggestions are made in relation to Norton AV, Comodo Firewall, outdated graphics drivers and other potential causes that you could look into.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Problem appears to be solved with the update of Antispamsniper! Thank you.
Pages: 1