Pages: 1
RSS
Error sound

My husband has the same PC Windows version 10 that I have and he has the same The Bat version that I have, which is 8.3 64 bit.  However, he is getting a sound periodically and we couldn't figure it out.  It was playing when The Bat was checking for new messages.  We turned off the sound when finished checking for new mail but it was still happening. Then, we finally turned off the sound for errors and that stopped it.  What would be an error and how would we find it?  He is not getting an error message or pop up notice.

Thanks,
Ann
Edited: Ann C - 08 April 2018 18:51:06

When you right-click on the name of the account in the accounts panel and choose Properties, there's an option Sound | "Play Sound when new mail arrives" that may be on. I think that's what you heard.

In the main menu under Options | Preferences | General and Options | Preferences | System there are two sound-related settings as well. There may be more that I don't know of. Additionally you could have sounds playing from templates and filters but only if you'd have set those up yourself.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

On every account he has, the "play sound when new mail arrives" has always been turned off.  However, we did find the other two sounds you were talking about were turned on.  When we turned off the one for errors, that took care of it.  I am wondering what kind of error it could have been finding since no error message ever popped up.  Thank you for your help, Daniel.

When The Bat! writes an error line to an account log, The Bat! also plays system sound. Look for error lines in an account log. There is an item Account/View Log in the main menu or Shift+Ctrl+A hotkey.
Pages: 1