Pages: 1
RSS
SMTP stopped working with a new hosting company, Can't send out any messages using any settings

Hoster claims it's nothing they can do. Seems like Windows 10 Mail + Thunderbird are working just fine with same SMTP setttings, however, theBat! either disconnects with message:

Server aborted connection

or rather with this message

Message has not been sent. Server reply - permitted to relay through this server without authentication

I've tried absolutely all combinations of settings with all possible ports/secured/unsecured - nothing works.

It's quite a disaster since I was using the BAT for the business mail for over 11 years, a bunch of filters, data from years ago, etc.

Can't sent out an email for over 5 days (since moved to a new hosting provider)

What can be done? Thanks.

Well, it 'sounds like' you are not authenticating. Do check account>properties>transport and click the authentication buttons to check setting. Good luck.
david

Thanks for reply, David. I AM authenticating.

I tried all possible options with 'secure auth', without, with STARTLS, TLS, etc. with using same password/username as for mail retrieval + or typing those in manually, but nothing works.

In cases I'm trying to auth the log usually reads this:

4/10/2018, 09:49:17: SEND  - WARNING: there were no compatible authentication mechanisms detected

Have you seen the recent topic about TLS v1.2 and higher being enforced by hosting companies? The Bat currently only supports TLS up to v1.1 and I wonder if that could explain your problem..
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
Have you seen the  recent topic about TLS v1.2 and higher  being enforced by hosting companies?
Yes, and I thought about it. However, it doesn't even work with regular connection, not using TLS of any kind... so I am not too sure.

For now I am using SMTP from my ISP, but that is just temporary measure.

In Account Properties | Options, you can enable 'verbose log'. Maybe that could show you the exchange between The Bat and the mail server in more detail?

Are there any options or settings in the management console (accounts and mail settings) at your new hosting provider that could explain it?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1