Pages: 1
RSS
gmail account as the "From" sender addy

Is this easy, is it comfortable, are there any problems?

Generally I have all my Gmail email forwarded to homebase, while staying in the Gmail box.  Thus, I can work at the home Windows spot on reading and composing, not on the net. Plus I have all the mail from all the Gmail accounts in one spot, plus my server account (which is currently AOL holding Verizon addy.)  

Yet a copy is maintained in Gmail, especially helpful if on the road.  Also good for lots of quick verification.

Now, I sometimes like to use the Gmail addy as my FROM addy, so that the poster will reply to the specific Gmail account (which will also be forwarded to my Verizon acct., Gmail is very strong on forwarding.).  A type of allowed spoofing. This was hard to do in Eudora.   Is it common here? Sometimes there is a type of approval method.

Steven
Edited: Steven Avery - 19 May 2018 07:03:28

NEVER MIND, I mis-read your message. The below is when you want to send mail through Gmail using a third-party From address.
Re-reading your message, you want to do the opposite: send Verizon mail using a Gmail From address. In that case you'll probably have to take it up with Verizon to see if they allow/facilitate spoofing. Wouldn't you rather just specify a Reply-to address?

I haven't tried or done this, but Google explains what you have to do on this page:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/22370?hl=en

Essentially you have to provide Google with the login credentials to your other account(*) and it will send you a verification message there that you must confirm. After that, you can send messages through Gmail using that other address, simply by changing the From: address when you compose your outgoing message in The Bat.  At least that's how I understand it.

(*) personally I'd not do this  8)
Edited: Daniel van Rooijen - 19 May 2018 14:54:31
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Well, I have no idea what homebase is, but I don't understand why you don't just create a separate account for each of your gmail accounts. That lets you compose and send and the responses all come to the same place. All you would need to do is set the from address and TB! would do the rest. Maybe we need more information on Homebase and what is requiring you to need to spoof.  

david

Thank you David and Daniel.

Homebase is simply my Verizon accounts, now on the AOL server.

Much of my mail goes directly there, to my long-germ verizon.net acct.  And I also have my Gmail forward to that account, so that all my mail does end up at "homebase".  And I also prefer to compose using my POP Email program (now TheBat!).  One outbox, and I am not in a browser, and other advantages, usually.

I had forgotten that I could simply have Gmail email accounts here, even if I don't ever download, David's suggestion.  Daniel's suggestion should also work, officially registering the spoofing with Gmail.

Thanks!

Ok, here is where I am with the two attempts.

===============

If I simply add the Gmail account as a user account, I still have to tell The Bat! to use that sender (= reply-to address) in my verizon.net account.

That seems to mean changing the template, and then I can't do any back and forth without changing the template. As I do not see a way to choose the "From" address at the time of composing and sending.  Well there may be a way to choose from mulitple template?  I have not checked yet.

It is possible too that the Gmail accounts might add some overhead to The Bat!, even if I do not do anything with those accounts.

I chose the protocol as "Auto" so it came up as SMTP.  Either way, I don't plan to work with the mailbox.

================

If I try the plan of telling Google to allow spoofing, it might work, the Gmail method will send a verification to my Verizon account.
There are a few questions to try to work out.  (Including the one above about leaving upon two possibilities at the time of sending.)
Edited: Steven Avery - 03 June 2018 03:53:16

On the chance that you haven't looked at it, click to respond to an email and check the FROM line. Click it and a drop-down arrow will appear at right, letting you sel ect fr om which email account you wish to send the response. That's likely what you want. Good luck.

david

When I hit "Reply" I see "To" "CC" and "subject" where I can maneuver.
Ahh, right-click and add From!

Also BCC: Comments!  -

Thanks!
Edited: Steven Avery - 04 June 2018 19:00:37
Pages: 1