Pages: 1
RSS
Taskbar "Bat" icon no longer animates.

I recently did a clean Win10 Pro 64-bit installation along with an update to Win10 v1803.  I then installed TheBat! v8.2.4 (64-bit).  However, I kept all the information from the Mail Directory of my previous install so I wouldn't lose any of my previous mails and configurations (as I always successfully do if I reinstall TheBat!).  Although the Mail Ticker still works the Bat icon on the taskbar no longer animates when unread messages are detected.  I've gone to Options->Preferences->General and ensured that the "Icon animation when unread messages are detected" box is checked, unchecked and rechecked it, but it doesn't help.  Is there some other setting that might affect this?  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks,
Ray

Hello, Ray.
I've had the situation since somewhere around version 7.6.  I filed a ticket on this today, after seeing that I'm not the only one with the issue. Maybe we'll get lucky...

david
Edited: david kirk - 21 May 2018 16:48:49

I just noticed an interesting thing.  When I hover the mouse pointer over the Bat icon in the task bar and the preview window pops up, the Bat icon in the upper left corner of that window is animated.

Okay, I believe I have found part of the problem.  It turns out that there are two settings in Windows (not TheBat!) that pertain to combining taskbar buttons.  The first pertains to combining taskbar buttons in general, which I had set to "Always, hide labels", while the second pertains to multiple displays, which I had set to "Never".  When I set the first one to "Never" I started seeing the animated bat again on the taskbar button.  While this did solve the problem for me since I don't like combined buttons, it seems that it might not be an acceptable solution for those who actually want their taskbar buttons combined.
Pages: 1