Pages: 1
RSS
address book - user defined fields, duplicating company info, tagging, exporting, tagging

I have begun to use the address book. An email program is a natural spot for addresses.  

A few questions

I tested an export to CSV and picked it up in LibreOffice.  That worked fine.

It would be nice to "Save" the fields exported as an Export template.  Is that possible ? (Granted you can run a macro on the export .CSV file.)

Is there any flexibility with user-defined fields? Other than simply using  the memo field.  As a simple example you might want to have Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ and other urls,  You have a max of one in Personal and one in Office?  Any thoughts on best way to handle?

When I import, can I specify the folder in which the new records go?

An address book can be put in a specific folder, which is very good. Is there any way to do "Tagging" which would put an item into multiple groups?  ( AirTable does that rather naturally if you use it for an online addy book. )

Thanks for the assistance!

Steven
Edited: Steven Avery - 24 June 2018 14:43:06

Here are a couple more.

The search within the address book should allow memo field, since that is the most natural tagging place.

While you can change the order of an individual entry to be by Last Name or First Name, it would be nice to have a global option that toggles from one to the other for all entries.

(From what I have seen, I may be missing something.)
Pages: 1