Pages: 1
RSS
alternative editor possibilities (fancy-dancy)

This is just an exploratory question.

Let's say I wanted to send out emails with features that are not in the HTML editor.  The obvious examples is certain types of boxes or box-quotes.  (Maybe automatic paragraph indenting, stuff like that.  Strike-through, and various other things that feel a bit more elegant. There might import possibilities for embedded pictures, rather than simply from the clipboard or as an attachment.) However, boxes and box-quotes are numero uno, and the similar section (multiple lines) indenting.

My first understanding is that it simply can not be done with the current editor, and there is no "use external editor" options.
Please current me if I am wrong.

Also, can we add HTML code into the editor that it will read, that will do any such things?

Going one step further, could we compose in an external HTML editor, put it in source mode, and then copy-paste that
into the Ritlabs editor?  If it has a code mode. Maybe it would read certain features that are not officially on the taskbar?

Just to be clear, if the answer is simply no-no-no, that is fine.  I am only asking in order to maximize my look and feel  for emails.  As an example, when I post on my vBulletin forum www.purebibleforum.com boxes and section indents are handled very well. And thus I am a little spoiled.  Similarly, while TheBat! has tons of stuff that were not in Eudora, its editor was a bit more fun in the sun.

Any help appreciated!

Steven
Edited: Steven Avery - 22 November 2018 20:48:02

I'm puzzled. Since you joined this forum, you routinely wish for Eudora, but this is not Eudora, it is TheBat!  It's different. Eudora still works fine. I know this because my dear spouse still uses it and has no problems with it. May I suggest you do more experimenting with TB! instead of asking what it can do? For example, it does do boxes and strikethrus and more. You can also paste pure HTML into a template. I explained that in a recent post here. I respect that learning TB! takes time, but you will learn a lot by just poking around. Good luck and I wish you well in your exploring.

david

Steven Avery wrote:
Going one step further, could we compose in an external HTML editor, put it in source mode, and then copy-paste that
into the Ritlabs editor?

You can create a HTML page in any editor and save it as "message.html". If it contains images, save those to the same folder and make sure that the links in your message.html are local/relative.

Then, in The Bat, create a text-only e-mail to which you attach the message.html file (and any image files).

When you send the e-mail to the recipient, his e-mail client (or web interface) will show him the HTML file, except if it is a very old client or a highly configurable one like The Bat which may show the text message instead, with the html as a clickable attachment. For that reason, you could write something in the text-only e-mail like "Please view this message in a html-capable mail client or open message.html (attached) in your web browser"
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

david kirk wrote:
For example, it does do boxes and strikethrus and more.  

And can you point to the post?
Are you referencing a standard function, or something that requires some sort of HTML or macro?
For boxes, I see that you might fake one out by a 1x1 table. Is that the idea?

Thanks!

Steven
Edited: Steven Avery - 13 December 2018 07:28:01
Pages: 1