Pages: 1
RSS
Questions about new install of the latest version

Some questions about a new install in W10.  I have used V6 for 6 years.

1. I have created manual filters, but when I get my mail, the filters don't work.

2. Can the "ticker" be replaced by a dialog box showing progress?

3. Can I remove the "quick reply" box below the message?

1. I have created manual filters, but when I get my mail, the filters don't work.

If they're manual, you have to trigger them manually (e.g. through an assigned hotkey or using the Refilter command).
You can access the options of each filter through the sorting office of the account that it's part of.

2. Can the "ticker" be replaced by a dialog box showing progress?

Not that I know of.. but see Options | Prefs | Message List for mail ticker config. Also, you could make the Connection Center show permanently?

3. Can I remove the "quick reply" box below the message?

Workspace | Quick Reply
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

1. I have created filters manually in V6, the filters ran as I downloaded messages.  It doesn't work that way anymore?  I tried the refilter, but it does nothing.  How do I get my filters to run?  By version 8, this should not be so difficult, right?

2. I selected None under display ticker.  Would like to see progress of downloading messages, not what's in the bottom status bar.

3. How did I miss that? Thanks.  :D  
Edited: Robert ONeill - 29 December 2018 16:20:49

Robert ONeill wrote:
1. I have created filters manually in V6, the filters ran as I downloaded messages.  It doesn't work that way anymore?  I tried the refilter, but it does nothing.  How do I get my filters to run?  By version 8, this should not be so difficult, right?

When you go to the Sorting Office of an account where those filters used to work, do you still see your filters in the Incoming Mail category? And if so, and you look at the Options of one of those filters, does it say that the filter is active, and that it is not for manual re-filtering only? If all that is true, I wouldn't know why it doesn't work for you anymore.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
When you go to the Sorting Office of an account where those filters used to work, do you still see your filters in the Incoming Mail category? And if so, and you look at the Options of one of those filters, does it say that the filter is active, and that it is not for manual re-filtering only? If all that is true, I wouldn't know why it doesn't work for you anymore.
Filters are in the incoming mail section and they are all active and not for manual re-filtering only.  So, I found an email that was not filtered, I right clicked it, create filter, and filled in all the things it needs, and that filter works.  Bizarre.

Do the old inactive filters, in their conditions or in their actions, refer to an account or folder that no longer exists?

Maybe you can recreate one of your old filters from scratch, then (if it works as expected) compare the old and new versions line by line in a text editor. To copy a filter definition to the clipboard, simply right-click on its name in the Sorting Office and choose Copy.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
Do the old inactive filters, in their conditions or in their actions, refer to an account or folder that no longer exists?

Maybe you can recreate one of your old filters from scratch, then (if it works as expected) compare the old and new versions line by line in a text editor. To copy a filter definition to the clipboard, simply right-click on its name in the Sorting Office and choose Copy.
I gave up.  I deleted all my filters I manually created and right clicked on a message I wanted to filter and filled in the same form.  It works that way.  
I had The Bat v6 for years and stopped paying for updates because of this kind of stuff (and feature removal).  I thought I'd give it another chance.  UGH!

Sorry to hear it.. When I upgraded from a much older version, everything kept working just fine, including my many filters. There's probably a simple explanation.
Pages: 1