Pages: 1
RSS
Command line bug, Space in FromName= parameter

Although the FromName= parameter is enclosed in quotes, any enclosed space causes the parsing of the command line to fail.

FromName="TestUser" will work but

FromName="Test User" will create the FromName as "Test" but any parameters (such as DelReceived) after that space are ignored.

As an aside, it would be very useful to have a parameter to set the "Check mail at startup" and "Periodical mail checking" options for the account.

Some more testing:

"C:\Program Files\The Bat!\thebat64.exe" "/ADD:User="TestAcct";InServer="mail.my.tld";OutServer="mail.my.tld";InUser="Test@my.tld";InPassword="TestPass";FromAddr="Test@my.tld";FromName="Test User";DelReceived"
All parameters in quotes - Incorrectly creates FromName “Test” but does not set DelReceived

"C:\Program Files\The Bat!\thebat64.exe" /ADD:User="TestAcct";InServer="mail.my.tld";OutServer="mail.my.tld";InUser="Test@my.tld";InPassword="TestPass";FromAddr="Test@my.tld";FromName="Test User";DelReceived
All parameters without surrounding quotes - Creates the FromName “Test User” but does not set DelReceived

"C:\Program Files\The Bat!\thebat64.exe" "/ADD:User="TestAcct";InServer="mail.my.tld";OutServer="mail.my.tld";InUser="Test@my.tld";InPassword="TestPass";FromAddr="Test@my.tld";FromName="TestUser";DelReceived"
All parameters in quote - Creates the FromName “TestUser” but does not set DelReceived

"C:\Program Files\The Bat!\thebat64.exe" /ADD:User="TestAcct";InServer="mail.my.tld";OutServer="mail.my.tld";InUser="Test@my.tld";InPassword="TestPass";FromAddr="Test@my.tld";FromName="TestUser";DelReceived
All parameters without surrounding quotes - Creates the FromName “TestUser” but does not set DelReceived

Thanks for your contribution Phil! Please note though that this is primarily a user-to-user forum. Any bugs found would be best reported directly to Ritlabs using the 'Support' option in the menu above.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1