Pages: 1
RSS
Associations won't deactivate?

Hello,

I am having a problem - I want to use "send to" feature of windows 10 to send attachments to email via the Outlook email client, but theBatt has taken over "send to => mail recipient" and adding outlook.exe to shell:sendto didn't work - which would have been a fantastic work around, so I could have both, but oh well <shrug> I need to use Outlook for work, I don't have the choice to keep thebatt as my primary email client.  However I need thebatt installed on my work PC for the previous 10+ years of work history to not have to "reinvent the wheel" as my boss says.

I've gone into theBatt => Options => Preferences => Applications   but no matter what changes I make, all associations remain checked. I've tried everything I can think of, but nothing works.  TheBatt continues to pop up when I use "send to"

Does anyone know of a way to force thebatt to stop setting itself up as the default?  Or a tip to set up outlook via "sent to"?  

Any help or shared misery is appreciated :-)

Have you tried running The Bat with full Admin rights and then changing these settings?

Or, could it be that you're using WinPatrol or similar security software that protects your settings for the default email handler, etc ?

(I do, and it causes The Bat! to throw up a whole bunch of errors when I try to change anything in that Options | Preferences | Applications dialog)

I think the settings are stored in these registry keys, but I cannot advice you on the correct values:

(all within: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RIT\The Bat!)

Associations Stored
Check .eml association
Check .msg association
Check .vcf association
Check Default
CheckAssociationsMode
CheckForAssociations
New .eml handler
New .msg handler
New .vcf handler
Old .eml handler
Old .msg handler
Old .vcf handler
Old mailto handler
Old mailto icon
Old default mail client
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

I think part of my problem is that I don't have full Admin access on my new work PC, hence why it can't un-associate files no matter what admin settings I try.

However I did find a work around for Windows 10, so I wanted to share for anyone else that wants to right-click and send files to outlook, while still having "Sent to Mail Recipient" direct attachments to theBatt:
Open an explorer window, type in "shell:sendto"
Create a shortcut to Outlook.exe, add /c ipm.note  /a to the target shortcut
Should look like the below if your outlook is installed in the same location
        "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\OUTLOOK.EXE" /c ipm.note  /a

Thanks all!
Pages: 1