Pages: 1
RSS
Problem Message Tag that Exists in Some Halfway State, Tag seems to be partially created and can't be used nor deleted.

This has happened in version 8.8.9.  I created my first tag by right-clicking on a message in the message list and then selecting Tags / More Tags...
There I typed the name of a new tag, ANSWER, Added it so it appeared in the column of selected tags on the right, and used Edit to change its background color.  After I changed the color, the tag disappeared.  It was no longer in the list of Available Tags on the left, nor in the Selected Tags on the right.  

Now the only way to see this tag is by selecting a message, right-clicking on Tags and seeing it in the list of tags.  However, it may not be selected for the message.  Selecting it just closes the list of tags and the tag doesn't show up for the message in the message list.  (I have the Tags column displayed for messages in the list.)  I can't delete the phantom tag because it doesn't show up in Tags / More Tags... nor in Options / Preferences / Message Tags.  If I try to create a new tag called ANSWER, it doesn't get created, but it will change the color of the ANSWER tag in the only place it appears, the list of tags shown when a message in a list is right clicked and Tags is selected!

Does anyone have ideas about how to fix or delete the phantom tag?  I wonder if it is significant that the tag I created was alphabetically first, ahead of all the tags provided by the installation.  I have since created a few other tags that are working properly.

Where do the tags live?  I looked in the registry and the mail directory and couldn't find them.

Ron

I believe tags are stored in MAIL\CONFIG.CDB (but may be wrong).

See Opt | Pref | Msg List | Msg Tags to delete your tag.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

I do have one phantom tag "bank" and support already few years can't say me how to delete it. Do your report to support too. More us, more chances that support will find and fix that bug.
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

OK, I will report it, George.

Daniel, I can't delete the tag in "Opt | Pref | Msg List | Msg Tags" because it doesn't show up there!

ronz wrote:
I can't delete the tag in "Opt | Pref | Msg List | Msg Tags" because it doesn't show up there!

Well, it worked here in v8.8.2. But a deleted tag may reappear when a message with that tag is found, and the list (by default) will not show tags that have Ignore status.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1