Pages: 1
RSS
The Bat 9.5.0 Have they fixed the broken editor?

Before I update to the Christmas Edition does anyone know if the broken editor has been fixed or is it still full of bugs?

So far, it looks like it's working, but in remembering the problems you've had, I suggest waiting  a few days while it settles down in early adopters. I also propose doing full backup of TB! prior to the upgrade.

david

I'm curious if anyone has found new problems or discovered old problems still exist. At this point, I'm a bit wary of updating from what is mostly working for me (9.3.4)

Still broken... I'm thinking of moving to Thunderbird, as it's months since the bug was reported and nothing is being fixed... Pitty... I've been using thebat since early 2000 :/

>> Still broken...
What is so broken for you exactly?
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

I filed 13 tickets on the new editor, back in July-August. None of the tickets have been closed. I have notgone through one by one to see which problems still exist. Far and away the most annoying is that words are marked misspelled before I finish typing them, and even when the partial word is correct so far. Extra spaces get added at the ends of lines. Nothing totally fatal but LOTS of annoyances. I'm now on 9.4.5 and the most annoying problems still exist.

Edward

I just bought a number of Office 365 licenses to see if the team has a better result with the Outlook editor.  We are now running both in parallel.

Outlook is much better in many ways but the team is missing some of the great features in the Bat and they have asked me to keep up the pressure on Ritlabs to fix the Editor or go back to the old one.

Either way, I keep sending them videos demonstrating the multiple issues.  I could show some here if there was a way to upload them.  Maybe over the weekend I will upload to YouTube and share the links here.

I would REALLY like to start a forum thread focusing only on the editor..   There are many issues and advantages of TB and our interaction with TB is mainly with the Editor.  Maybe we could not only criticize but also share tips and tricks.  It would also help bring together information that might help/encourage the developer(s) to get things fixed.

Thomas

Write again and again to the support. Update your TB to last version check it your bugs and write to support.

Show us your video, yep.
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

With the public beta tests for version 10 that have just been announced, there's a new opportunity for users of The Bat to report issues to the developers and get them fixed.  I don't use HTML myself, but if you're still struggling with bugs in the editor I would not hesitate to use this opportunity!

https://www.ritlabs.com/en/auth-forums/forum4/topic15597/
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
With the public beta tests for version 10 that have just been announced, there's a new opportunity for users of The Bat to report issues to the developers and get them fixed.  I don't use HTML myself, but if you're still struggling with bugs in the editor I would not hesitate to use this opportunity!

https://www.ritlabs.com/en/auth-forums/forum4/topic15597/
I would love to help beta test v10.  However, TB tech support told me that the HTML editor is still broken even in v10 and they gave no indication of when or if it would be fixed :-(  This one thing makes any version after v9.3.4 totally unusable for my purposes.

If there were some way to have concurrent installations of different TB versions I would be willing to give it a try.  Do any of you know if concurrent installations are possible?
Edited: Ray Mitchell - 26 February 2022 23:17:53 (Clarify)

Hi Ray,

Yes, you can set up multiple isolated installations of The Bat on your PC. For details, see my message linked below, and Alexander Petrari's message a couple of messages down from it (which explains the most simple way to do it):

https://www.ritlabs.com/en/forums/forum4/topic13464/message46178/#message46178
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
Hi Ray,

Yes, you can set up multiple isolated installations of The Bat on your PC. For details, see my message linked below, and Alexander Petrari's message a couple of messages down from it (which explains the most simple way to do it):

https://www.ritlabs.com/en/forums/forum4/topic13464/message46178/#message46178
Hi Daniel,

Actually, I've been using this option to run three simultaneous instances of TB with different configurations since I first started using it in 2015 and it works quite well.  What I was referring to, however, was being able to install both TB v9.3.4 and TB v10 on the same machine.  I see that in the installation steps you can choose whatever installation directory you want for the TB executable and other common files, but I was just wondering if there would be a problem if I installed two different versions of TB in two different directories.  I know it wouldn't make sense to run them simultaneously on the same data files because of potential collisions but I was more concerned about possible registry conflicts :-)

Ray  

Ah of course - sorry about the confusion. Yes, that's a valid concern and I don't have a definitive answer as to whether there'd be any shared files/folders/reg entries -- I suspect there would!  We should really have some kind of overview of all the files and registry entries that The Bat creates, and their locations and functions, but I don't think that exists. Maybe some courageous user is willing to find out for us by trial and error! :-D

I'll ask Support if they can help. They've probably had similar questions from beta testers and corporate users.

I didn't really get the answer that I was hoping for, but maybe this information is of some use anyway:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Here is the most probable scenario most of the users will encounter:

1. After installing the beta the regular v9.5.1 will be uninstalled.
2. The user can install v9.5.1 again into C:\Program Files\The Bat!
3. The Bat! v10 beta will be installed into C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Local\The Bat!\

Then the user can use v9 and v10 in shifts, i.e. not simultaneously.

v9 and v10 share the same database and registry.

If users need to run v10 with a separate database, then they have to open the properties of the launcher and add the command line parameter /reg:profile_name in order to set up an individual database for v10.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Pages: 1