Pages: 1
RSS
one important function for The Bat!, follow up on my emails

when I send a certain emails and I mark it for follow up in a day or two or one week later, also this email will show up on my todo list.
I need a way to "follow up" on my emails.  in future later day, when I check the todo list, it can be easy to know what is everyday task?
this is very important function to Improve work efficiency in business.

Can this mail client The Bat! implement this function?

Hi Michael,

I'm not using the latest version, but when I right-click on a message in the message list, I can choose 'Remind later'. Once I have set up the reminder, I can find it under Tools | Scheduler (but The Bat v10 has a full Calendar function that may be involved). Is that what you mean?

Another approach would be to flag these messages, or to assign a tag or a color group to them, and to have a common virtual folder with a selection filter that shows you all the tagged or flagged messages. You could call that folder 'To Do list', because when you open it, you will see all the messages that you still have to respond to.

Personally, I have always simply right-clicked on such messages and made them 'unread' again. That way, all the messages that need my attention keep showing as unread. I must admit that I have a few folders that, after decades of use, still show more than 100 unread messages.. :)  (also, this method interferes with the Mail Ticker because you always have old new mail, so I don't use the Ticker function).

p.s. The solution to problems in The Bat is often to right-click on the relevant part of the interface. After almost 25 years of development, The Bat has countless clever little functions and options that help you deal with your mail efficiently.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1