Pages: 1
RSS
Impact on other applications

Hi,
I'm new on this forum, and I would have one question related to a couple of recent versions of the program (v10).
Has anyone noticed or had a problem with other applications taking a long time to launch when The Bat program is running.
For example, MS Office programs... when Bat is started, some of these programs take a few minutes to start, but when I turn off Bat, they start instantly.
I noticed this on the last couple of versions of the program, marked v10, it didn't happen before.
Does anyone know why this is happening, and how to solve the problem.
Thank you!

I don't have such behavior. MS Office 2019 Professional Plus (Word, Excel for example).

What if you uninstall your antivirus? Is this delays stay alive after it?  
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

When you look in Windows' Task Manager, does The Bat cause a heavy load on the CPU? Or on memory / disk / network?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

George Salnik wrote:
I don't have such behavior. MS Office 2019 Professional Plus (Word, Excel for example).

What if you uninstall your antivirus? Is this delays stay alive after it?  
I didn't uninstall, but I turned off the antivirus, and the delayed startup still persists, maybe it is due to my older version of office, I use MS Office 2010.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
When you look in Windows' Task Manager, does The Bat cause a heavy load on the CPU? Or on memory / disk / network?
I looked in the task manager, and when starting other program (for example Excel) there are no changes in CPU load, disk and network in The Bat process.

Thank you for the answers, but if you, as experienced users, are not familiar with this problem, then it's probably up to my system... I'll try to upgrade to a higher version of Office, and check if it still happens... but it confuses me that it did not occur on the previous versions of Bat, on the same system.

Milorad Lukovic wrote:
Thank you for the answers, but if you, as experienced users, are not familiar with this problem, then it's probably up to my system... I'll try to upgrade to a higher version of Office, and check if it still happens... but it confuses me that it did not occur on the previous versions of Bat, on the same system.
Hello Milorad and welcome.

I never had such issues, but generally found Office 2010 problematic. At one point I even downgraded to 2007 before eventually moving on to 365.

I had similar problem but only for a about a minute after starting The Bat! and only when using shortcuts to open documents or spreadsheets fr om within Explorer. Support suggested selecting "Run CEF Browser in a single process" - from Options/Preferences/General. They warned that this would not allow the preview of pdf files in messages. Whilst their 'solution' worked, it was significant for me to use the pdf preview function. I changed my shortcuts in Explorer to open the relevant MS Office programs directly for the documents/spreadsheets (using switches wh ere needed) and that is providing a better a solution for me. Also using MS Office 2010.
Might be worth the OP trying either of these fixes.

iep wrote:
I had similar problem but only for a about a minute after starting The Bat! and only when using shortcuts to open documents or spreadsheets fr om within Explorer. Support suggested selecting "Run CEF Browser in a single process" - from Options/Preferences/General. They warned that this would not allow the preview of pdf files in messages. Whilst their 'solution' worked, it was significant for me to use the pdf preview function. I changed my shortcuts in Explorer to open the relevant MS Office programs directly for the documents/spreadsheets (using switches wh ere needed) and that is providing a better a solution for me. Also using MS Office 2010.
Might be worth the OP trying either of these fixes.
Yep, that's it... I checked "Run CEF Browser in a single process", and my other programs start normally, without delayed start.
PDF viewer is not that necessary for me in the program itself, so the lack of that function will not bother me.
Thank you very much for your reply!
Pages: 1