Pages: 1
RSS
Upgrade from 3.65, I try to "modernize" our company mail clients, but i need some help.

Hello,

I am contacting you with a problem, maybe someone can help... our company is still using the old version 3.65 program in server-client mode, so the computer what was running in server mode downloads the mail to specific directories on to the company's file server, and the clients see these directories as it mail storage libraries. Is it possible to configure the new v10 version to work the same way? So, should I be able to see the mails associated with the given user by logging in from any client machine? Or is that not possible?
Any answer thanks in advance... Peter

Unfortunately, that was only possible with very old versions of The Bat. Later versions cannot be used for multi-user setups.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

I understand, but what if I combine the new Bat with the BatPost mail server? Is it possible to build an infrastructure that similar to the old one? The point would definitely be that certain colleagues, managers and administrators, continue to have access to e.g. from their own computer for all company correspondence!?

I don't think that would be possible because the file format for The Bat's messagebase has changed since then. Still, I'd recommend that you talk directly to Ritlabs ('Support' menu above) to see if they have any suggestions. This forum is only inhabited by fellow users.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

OK, I'll try that. Thanks for your kind help Daniel, have a nice day!

Peter
Pages: 1