Pages: 1
RSS
Sorting Folders, Can this be done alphabetically

I have a bunch of folders and work in sales.  When a new prospect comes in, I create a folder for them, and add them to the Prospects folder.  If they bear fruit, then they end up in my Customers folder.  However, I do have a lot of Prospects, that may disappear for a few months before coming back.  Is there a way to sort my Prospects folder alphabetically so I can find them easily.   All my other folders are organized, but this simple housekeeping task would be a great help.  

To my knowledge, you can only sort them manually. Right-click on a folder name in the account tree to see the commands (and keyboard shortcuts) for Move Up/Down and In/Out.

Edited to add: Oh wait - I may have misunderstood when I thought that you want to sort the folders..? If you want to sort the messages within a folder, that would be simply a matter of clicking on the relevant column title above the message list (e.g. 'Sender' or 'Subject').

Are you familiar with the Quick Search toolbar? It's probably under Workspace | Toolbars. When you type a phrase in it (like the name of your prospect), the cursor will move to the first matching message in the message list. When you press Enter, only matching messages will be shown in the list.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
To my knowledge, you can only sort them manually. Right-click on a folder name in the account tree to see the commands (and keyboard shortcuts) for Move Up/Down and In/Out.Edited to add: Oh wait - I may have misunderstood when I thought that you want to sort the folders..? If you want to sort the messages within a folder, that would be simply a matter of clicking on the relevant column title above the message list (e.g. 'Sender' or 'Subject').

In v10 you can sort folders by clicking column titles in the account tree, and TB will ask what you want to sort (items at the current level, accounts, etc.) and by what criterion (name, etc.).

Miloš Radovanović wrote:
In v10 you can sort folders by clicking column titles in the account tree, and TB will ask what you want to sort (items at the current level, accounts, etc.) and by what criterion (name, etc.).

Excellent, thanks!
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1