Pages: 1
RSS
I am becoming increasingly unhappy with the message's editor

Hi,

I have been using TheBat! since version 1.x (!) but I am becoming increasingly unhappy with either the editor or the way messages are shown

1) Font size when displaying a message. See this print screen https://drive.google.com/file/d/1swGwEEyXftEz-YbBymMbYmfBhcbnMupD/view?usp=drivesdk On the left it is how I am seeing the message in my webmail and on the right in TheBat!, clearly the font size is much smaller.

2) When writing a message TheBat! goes, I don't how, automatically in selection mode of the whole message, the only way I found, so far, is to save the message as a draft and then edit it again. I tried to click outside the selection area but no area seem to be active. See https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EuoHZhs9281vyNa8tpZ0MjqamHxSAPTp/view?usp=drivesdk  

I have experienced your 2) point as well in this version.

The superiority of the software and the fact that I know there are real human beings behind it put oddities like this low on the list of things I let into my annoyance wheelhouse.

Nevertheless, I don't have a solution, only confirmation.

1) In Options -> Preferences -> Viewer/Editor -> HTML Viewer there is an option to set the minimum font size, you can try that.

2) I almost always use the plain text editor and on the rare occasion I use an HTML editor I never experienced this problem, but you could try using the alternative HTML editor. In recent versions there are two HTML editors, "PureHTML" and "RichText", they can be switched on the fly using the status bar in the editor window (or Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2, Ctrl+3 shortcuts), and more permanently set in Options -> Preferences -> Viewer/Editor -> HTML Editor.

Miloš Radovanović wrote:
1) In Options -> Preferences -> Viewer/Editor -> HTML Viewer there is an option to set the minimum font size, you can try that.
Also, standard zoom in/out moves (two fingers on the touchpad, Ctrl + mouse wheel) should also work in the message viewer.

Thank you Miloš for your answer.

1) The minimum font size was disabled, enabling did the trick
2) I switched back to the Plain Text editor to see if things will improve.

I guess this issues came up as I reinstalled from scratch my notebook and forgot about those settings and their adjustement.  
Pages: 1