Pages: 1
RSS
Error writing to file '35c9f080.rbf' during installation, Message says, "Verify that you have access to that directory"

I am trying to upgrade from 10.0.9 (64-bit) to 10.4.0.1 (64-bit) on fully updated Windows 11.

During installation I am getting this error:

Error writing to file: D:\Program Files\The
Bat!\35c9f080.rbf. Verify that you have access to that
directory.

I have given full permissions to the directory and the file itself.
There is no "Run as administrator" on the installation file.

I tried deleting the file and letting TB! recreate it, but no go.

What else can I try?

Are you really sure that there's no Run as Admin command when you right-click on the EXE?
Have you tried making a shortcut for it and then use that to run as Admin?
Could your antimalware be interfering and would it help if you whitelist the EXE there?
Have you tried to boot Windows in Safe mode with an Admin-level account and then running the installer?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
Are you really sure that there's no Run as Admin command when you right-click on the EXE?
Well yes, I wouldn't say so if it wasn't true.

Have you tried making a shortcut for it and then use that to run as Admin?
Tried it, still no Run as Admin.

Could your antimalware be interfering and would it help if you whitelist the EXE there?
The only anti-anything I run is Windows Defender, and it has never had any issues with TB.

Have you tried to boot Windows in Safe mode with an Admin-level account and then running the installer?
I have not, and not convinced I have to go to that extreme just to install a mail client, since it was never a problem before now.

I'll contact support.
Pages: 1