Pages: 1
RSS
How can I force all mail bodies to download from GMail?, Want to download all emails locally from Gmail (600,000 mails & attachments)

Hello!

New to this forum!

I have been looking on the forum trying to find a way to force The Bat! Professional v10.4.0.1 to download all of my email from my GMail account (body not just headers) as I would like to have a local copy of all my email so that as I am able to back them up and restore later to The Bat! Pro to view if needed.

I have been poking through the settings and can see some data has been downloaded, but can't seem to find a way to force The Bat! to download all email bodies (with attachments). Is this even possible? I can see that The Bat! has downloaded just over 300mb of data, however I know for certain that is not all of my email :D

I did attempt to look through the forum, but wasn't really sure what to search for exactly :/ My apologies if it has already been answered and I have missed it.

Thanks everyone.
Edited: Stuart Smyth - 11 September 2023 08:18:13 (Adjusting topic title)
Primary System: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X, ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, 64GB RAM, RTX4080.

Have you tried Account | Dispatch Mail on Server | All Messages? Not sure if that will do the trick, but it's what I would try.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Hey Daniel,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I checked for that option but it does not exist for my GMail account. My other non-GMail account shows the option. Right click on account / Dispatch Mail on Server / All Messages but when I attempt the same with my GMail account listed in The Bat! that option does not appear sadly. Just "Get New Mail" and "Send Queued Mail".

I wonder if it has anything to do with GMail using IMAP servers? I will attempt to see if I can turn on POP3 in GMail settings and try again. Will let you know how I get on.

Thank you again!
Primary System: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X, ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, 64GB RAM, RTX4080.
Pages: 1