Pages: 1
RSS
Images greyed out for few seconds, 10.4.0.1 64-bit Pro Edition

10.4.0.1 64-bit Pro Edition

when I click on a email with icons/pictures in some times in can take a second or so for the image to come up its all greyed out at first.

When I was on version 9 I never noticed this before any idea??

Thanks

Are the images attached or do they have to be downloaded? Could be just a slow server, or your antivirus interfering.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

I was looking at on the forum at older post after my post and the same problem was asked about a while ago see what it looks like: https://i.imgur.com/iEKQiyT.png

its this strange problem never had it on version 9 only when on this one I`ve updated too. For all the hassle is it not better to downgrade to ver 9 again? or will it be fixed??

I forgot to say nothing was changed on my computer when I changed from ver: 9.2.3 Pro Edition to ver: 10.4.0.1 then noticed this error straight away
apart from that all ok

TB v10 have new "image download manager". You do need to understand and set this feature. If you not have fear that spammers and "big brother" will know that you have watched their images then you can off image download manager in the settings -> html viewer -> download external media -> automatically for all sources.

I would prefer not gives spammers and any ugly commercial analytics any additional info about me and use it manual rules with adding only newsletters that I trust.  
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

OK I`ve looked and that setting is set as `Automatically for all sources`

The images are ghosted and within a few seconds they come in but like I said never had this trouble with ver 9 but as you say if this is a new feature in ver 10 thats why. It was just that I was unaware of this so thanks.

I will try some other settings and have a play so its something I will have to live with or go back to ver 9 if I dont like the feature.

But thanks for clarifying the issue

well after a play with settings I can understand what you have done but for me its a bit off over kill I`ve gone back to ver 9.2.3 thats good enough for me
so will not bother upgrading now. I`m still a fan of thebat and Im happy with this version it does all I ask of it. My mate is still running version 2.03 of `thebat` so hes about 20 yrs behind me! so I cannot complain.

Thanks for your help
Edited: Ken W - 30 September 2023 00:18:36

Record a video and send it with sample letters with a bug to the support.

If you have set to download all images it can't be as you say.  
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

Well I might do but I only updated as I thought it might improve `thebat` but I was not having any major problems. If I did see/have a quirk I just restarted and it was all ok but I`ve not had any serious trouble to think I needed to change or update `thebat`

I think the last time I had to update `thebat` because I had to was because I wanted to get my `Gmail` email to come over via `thebat` and the version I was using was not up to it.

But I will leave alone now and not bother about reg` updates until I have a problem but again thanks for the help

Pages: 1