Pages: 1
RSS
exporting TB accounts/databases for importing into another client app, exporting

https://www.recoverytools.com/bat-mail/migrator/#

been using TB within wine/crossover on linux for a few years now. have used TB on win platforms for years prior. it's ok within wine/crossover but not as good as it is under windows.

searching for options & tools to help "easily" export my TB accounts/databases into another format for importing into another client i saw this app mentioned on some forum. anyone used this app with good results?

I'm not familiar with it, but if you only want to move your messages to a different client, I'm not sure if it will offer much more than The Bat's own export functions do (File | Save As and Tools | Export Messages To).
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

thank you for your reply.  The Bat's export function exports emails but not accounts. unless i missed that option.  let's say i have 10 accounts and want to export them, then import those 10 accounts each with it's own emails, etc, into another linux email app. i don't think i can do that from within The Bat, as great as it is.
The Bat migrator tool advertises this, "Maintains The Bat! Email Folder Hierarchy Structure During the Migration Proces". so i'm looking to be able to do that basically. guess no one here has tried it. i'm going to try it. my install of wine/crossover/TheBat32 could be a bit flakely thus i have some slight issues with some win apps...certainly wouldn't rule that out. lol.   thanks again

It's true that The Bat doesn't export account data, but the way that I read it, that migration tool will only transfer the messages and the folder structure - it won't migrate things like your pop3/imap settings, templates, filters and macros. Still, if it works as advertised, I guess it can save you a fair number of hours doing everything manually. Best of luck and please let us know how it went!
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1