Pages: 1
RSS
Any way to "undelete" accidentally deleted messages?, With multiple email addresses it takes forever to find the right trash

I have about 10 emails and go through hundreds of new emails in the combined inbox every day.   I often accidentally delete and then there's no way to find that message.

Is there an "undo?"

Thanks!

Go to the Properties for that Account and look under Mail Management | Deletion. Verify that messages are deleted to the Trash folder. If they are, you can find your deleted messages in the Trash folder, and undelete them by dragging them back to their original folder.

You can also use Folder | Browse Deleted Messages to see the deleted messages in a folder (until they are purged or the folder is compressed).

What I wrote above works for real folders in POP3 accounts. It may be different for IMAP accounts and probably won't work for virtual folders like your combined inbox (but I haven't tried). In that case, use the 'browse deleted messages' command in the real folder that a deleted message originated from.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Thanks, Daniel.  The problem is that I can't search 10 or so trash boxes.   And often I don't even know what to look for, I just know that my finger twitched and two mails were deleted and I have NO way of identifying an accidentally deleted mail.

Maybe you should make a common virtual folder that shows all your trash folders, sorted by date. When you delete a message, it will generally be near the top.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1