Pages: 1
RSS
how to reassign keys?

hi,

i just upgraded from v2 to v3 of the bat.  v3 looks nicer, but i have some trouble with it.  the keys to send a mail or save it to the outbox seem to have changed, much to my dismay (i really want ctrl-enter to save, not send).  but i remember that there was a way to change the key assigned to a command, but i cannot find it any more.  

can anyone help me?

.c

hi,

finally, i have found it!  i must admit, it is incredibly well hidden!  :|

for all people looking as i was: when editing a message, right-click the menu bar, click on customise and there you are!

now, i'm struggling to assing ctrl+enter to a menu choice.  ctrl seems to work, when i press enter, the box displays "None" again.

it seems that we cannot assign anything + enter and as well no shift + enter?

.c

You can't assign the enter key for something.

However, you can create a recognizable key combo and close TB. Now open the tbuser.def file with a plain text editor, search for the key combo you created, and replace it with the key combo you want (just type  enter). This won't work when your using TB pro with an encrypted message base, as the tbuser.def file will be encrypted too (under the name tbuser.eef), same goes when you're using Voyager.

The tbuser.def file can be found in your mail directory.

great! and it works, thanks a bunch!

i was able to restore ctrl+enter for saving and shift+enter for forwarding, great.

one thing remains, though: i have shift+f2 assigned to "Send queued mail".  if i _click_ then menu choice, it sends out mail for this account only. if i _press_ shift+f2 it sends out mail for all accounts. if i remove the keyboard shortcut nothing happens at all, so it's no double use of the key.

any idea?

.c

hi,

my problem still persists...  any reply from the TB team?  it looks like a bug to me..?

some answer would be greatly apreaciated.

.c

It might have something to do with 'Send queued mail' being a submenu. You'll see this when you're viewing it via the customisation menu.
What happens when you assign the shortcut to 'Send mail for account'?

that doesn't work; nothings happens, when i press shift+f2 after that change.  it seems that "Send mail for account" is only to send mail for a specific account, but i want to send mail for the currently active account.

my problem is only that keyboard shortcuts don't work correctly, but mouse clicks do.  i suspect some bug in shortcut handling.

can you confirm the bug on your machine?

.c
Pages: 1