Pages: 1
RSS
bayesit problem - .lst file damaged, Error when I open the bat

Error opening the BAT !!!

"I get an error message that says
One of your .lst file is damaged. If you want to send feed-back, DON'T CLOSE THIS WINDOW RIGHT NOW! See bayesit's log for details"

If i click OK the message comes back
if I click the close "X" it still comes back.
The Bat still works ok and I can send and recieve messages. But I cannot get rid of the error window.

I just downloaded the upgrade today, I am not registered
my version of bat is 3.0.1.33
my version of bayesit is 0.7.3
windows xp pro sp1

I get the same message. It takes almost a hundred clicks on OK button for the message to disappear. It reappears again as soon as Bayesit! processes junk mail.

my version of the bat! 3.0.1.33
my version of bayesit! 0.7.3
windows 2k sp4

This is because the BayesIt version is not compatable with the version you were using with v2.
You need to delete the .dat files in the BayesIt directory in your mail folder.
That means that you'll need to retrain BayesIt.

I could not find any .dat files.
I looked in "program files/the bat" and also "my documents/user/the bat" I have tried a repair install,
I also tried a "modify" install and removed bayesit, then it started up normally. But after I tried another "modify" install to reinstall bayesit the same error returns.
Can you point me to the actual file names that need to be deleted and where to find them please.

I was running TheBat 3.0 with no bayesit problems. As soon as I installed 3.01 I kept getting (and still get) the problems we are all experiencing. Retraining is all very well, but it had got down to just a few rogue spams getting through the net, now I'm getting loads of them!

I think I have found the solution... In folder "Program Files\The Bat!\BayesIt\" there is "lstrepair.exe" file. You should copy to the folder where your ".lst" files are (in my case it was in "Documents and Settings\MyUserName\Application Data\BatMail\BayesIt\Base\") and then run it... So far I didn't get any more of those annoying error messages...

thanks for the help Janko, that is useful information.
unfortunately lstrepair.exe does not work for me,

when i try to run that repair file I get this error
"Wrong nspamdict.lst file. Aborting."

my nspamdict.lst file is about 6k,

I had the same problem and for me the lstrepair.exe program did not solve the problem.

The solution for me was:
1. remove the bayesit plugin;
2. delete the bayit folder in your mailbox ( whatever bayesit folder you delete, keep keep the bayesit.tbp file!);
3. install the bayesit plugin again (bayesit.tbp).

Of course, you will have to teach the filter again :-(

OK, thanks Erwin that worked,

some slight changes for me , here are the steps I had to take.

1. close the bat
2. save bayesit.tbp somewhere
3. delete all bayesit folders and files
4. open bat, remove plugin from preferences page
5. add plugin back in by finding the bayesit.tbp file
6. spend hours teaching bayesit again.

A very complete Tutorial about bayesit can be found here:

http://www.thebatworld.de/system/sections/index.php?PHPSESSID1=&op=viewarticle&artid=10

The only drawback, it is in german. But maybe you can use babelfish.altavista.com to translate it.

It also tells you to rightclick on the plugin unter preferences to reveal an information tab. here you can see how you trained the plugin so far!

hope this is of any help

regards

moongate
Pages: 1