Pages: 1
RSS
CTRL-E remapping

As an agent convert, I'd like to remap CTRL-E to check for new mail.

I've been able to remap it to "get new mail" function under accounts.  However, this short cut works so long as i'm not in the message text window.

Focus can be in the folder list, message list, or even header windows and this key combination works successfully but as soon as I try it in the message text window, I get a "Edit Mail message" window that allows me to edit the text of the currently selected message.

In the alt-12 shortcut list, I can't seem to find a reference for this edit mail message function... Nor can I find it under any of the menus.

A hidden feature?

Press "Conflicts" button (bottom of Edit shortcut keys window) and you'll see another function of Ctrl+E:
"Message List Pop-Up" -> "Redirect".

You should go to this item and delete(or change) shortcut key.

atlanoff

Thanks for the quick reply.

Here's the wild part... There is nothing under conflicts.  

In fact, under message list popup --> redirect, the combination listed is ctrl-alt-shift-R, not ctrl-E.

Pressing this combination in the message list brings up the same window as pressing ctrl-e in the message text window.

Hmm... some strange....

What version of TheBat you use?

Now i have 3.0.2.1 (beta)

I'm running 3.0.1.33  I believe its the most recent public as of some days back...

I have no ideas right now :(
I'll make some tests tomorrow ...

I've been able to remap it to "get new mail" function under accounts. However, this short cut works so long as i'm not in the message text window.

Focus can be in the folder list, message list, or even header windows and this key combination works successfully but as soon as I try it in the message text window, I get a "Edit Mail message" window that allows me to edit the text of the currently selected message

I encounter Ctrl-R as 'reply' in the 'Message list pop-up'. So I guess the edit window is not to edit the current message (TB doesn't support the editing of received mail) but you encountered the reply function. That's probably why you couldn't find it.  

Roelof Otten,

Interesting..

I just tried ctrl-r in the message text box.  Ctrl-r includes the sender's email address in the TO: field, where as ctrl-e in teh message text box only includes the message body & subject, no TO, FROM CC, REPLY fields.

As stated by atlanoff, it's definitely the redirect function thats being activated.  Unfortunately there's no keyboard shortcut for that for the message text window.  Also, looking more closely at the available ones, it appears forward appears twice.

"Message List Pop-Up" -> "Redirect" in my another install means Ctrl+E. It is by default.

TheBat 3.0.1.33.

Some problems in configuration?
Did you make clear install of v.3 or upgraded?

atlanoff,

It was a clean installation from scratch.

These settings.. Are they stored in a .ini file or in the registry?  Perhaps more light could be shed by looking at the source of these settings.

Settings stored in config file
....your_path....\Mail\Shortcut.CFG  

I found this file.. Thanks, but it appears to be a binary, so I can't edit it directly.  It almost seems like this key combo is hard coded in the message text window...

Internal format.
If you delete this file, TheBat next time restores default configuration.  

Deleting and recreating the shortcuts creates the same issue.  I guess this needs to be fixed within the software itself at some point, or I need to use a diff key combination to check messages.

Any other suggestions or comments on how to fix this?  Is there a more recent build than 3.0.1.33 thats publically available?

You'll have to join the Beta test group to get newer versions and participate in testing. This is supported via the mailing lists.

Click here for Mailing List Info

You will also find information there about bug reporting and how to go about it.
iviarck
Pages: 1