Pages: 1
RSS
Can't disable File association Check

Hi,
Using The Bat! 3.99.29 on Win XP SP2.

Is there no way to stop TB from asking file type associations for vcf, eml, and msg files.

I have unchecked "Check that The Bat is default mail client" but cannot see any option for TB to ignore the file type associations. As far as I remember I didnt have this problem before. I made fresh install on Formatted XP machine and have this problem.

Options -> Prefrences -> Applications
Does this help? (I'm not sure about that.)

I been there. Doesn't help.

Outlook captures vcf entries everytime it runs I think. So even if I click YES to associate vcf with TB, the next time I run TB it again prompts. There should be a decent "Do not check again" checkbox somewhere in that dialog box.

Using TB 3.99.29 under Windows XP Pro SP2, I've been suffering quite a long time from the returning question ".eml files are not associated to The Bat! do yo want to...", but I seem to have found the way out of it: in the Registry, I've gone to \HKCU\Software\RIT\The Bat! and changed the value of the key "Check .eml association" from 1 to 0. Until now, after more than a dozen reboots, TB starts up without asking anything. By now, the check mark before .EML in TB options> preferences> applications has disappeared, but in Windows Explorer extra> folder options> file types, The Bat! is still remembered as the program to use for .EML-files, and double clicking on an EML-file does open it in The Bat!

Great thanks. :)

Beautifull!!! Works perfect for now!!!
Pages: 1