Pages: 1
RSS
Email issues Vista 64, I can send but not receive.

Just built a new system with Vista 64 bit. Downloaded and installed the latest version of theBat (4.0.14). Restored my email and configured my new accounts (I also changed ISP providers). I am able to send but not receive. I get the following error:
2/24/2008, 11:13:49: FETCH - receiving mail messages
2/24/2008, 11:13:49: FETCH - connected to POP3 server
!2/24/2008, 11:13:52: FETCH - Server reports error. The response is: -ERR Unknown user or incorrect password

I have tried the same account under Outlook and Dreammail and it works fine. I am Beta testing AVG 8 and thought it may be the issue so I un-installed it and there is no change.

I have tried all of the MAil Retrieval settings. I have set it to prompt me for password, I have re-entered all the setting...I even did a cut and paste from Outlook.

I am have not joy at all...anyone offer any help...PLEASE..

Thanx
Harvey

I unloaded ver 4 and reinstalled ver 3. same issue.

Does no one have any input?

If you are really sure you have entered the username and password correctly then:

Double check your connection type, ports and your authentication. It smells like wrong authentication

However you mentioned that you have a new ISP. SOME ISPs don't require NAME but rather NAME@DOMAIN.COM (or sometimes name+domain.com) as the email user name. Try that first especially if you are using your own domain name hosted somewhere.

OK this is strange I dropped the qualifer and everything works like a charm...However with DreamMail and Outlook I need the fully qualified name.....Any ideas why?

Thanx for the help....

Harvey

And to think I spend hours checking & double checking things......

Glad you got it fixed  :)  
Pages: 1