Pages: 1
RSS
Emailing links from web creates Errors, Email Web Browser problems

I am trying the Bat Pro on XP pro.

I installed it and created one account. When I browse the web and click send link it starts the bat in the back ground and an edit message window appear for sending the link.

Now I have added several more email accounts. When I browse the web and click send link or new message from the tollbar. It starts the bat and the edit message is in the back and the bat cliet apears in front of the browser and edit message window.

It is a Pain.

Why does the bat start like this??  In Outlook if you do this it only opens a mail to window. It does not start Outlook.

Thanks,

Woody

That's the wonder of Microsoft, whose software forms components of the Operating System and can open an edit window without having to load the software.

No other software (unless it is completely modular) will do this either.

Because The Bat! has a relatively small footprint, there's no reason not to leave it running in the tooltray. Then it will respond to mailto links just the same as any other software that has its components running all the time ;-)
iviarck

I know Mzilla Thunderbird only opens the mail to edit window also. It does not open the entire email program.

Woody

... that may be true (I don't use it myself) or it may already be running in background, unseen. The latter is far more likely.
iviarck
Pages: 1