Pages: 1
RSS
Can I know, in The Bat, when I sent my messages?

Forgive me, I'm newly, but in my sent messagge list I can't find the 'sent' date and hour. I see 'created', 'saved' but not 'sent'. What a strangeness! What can I do?
Thanks
-danny

That would be the date/time saved. Not all that strange really :).
iviarck

Thank, Mark, for your attention. I try to explain better my problem. Yesterday morning, I wrote two messages, then put them in 'Outbox'. It was 10:10am, and effectively both of them shown the same saved/created time (10:10am). Yesterday evening, I sent one of them at 5:15pm and another at 7:20pm. Today, I see in my 'Sent mail' that yesterday I sent (saved/created) two messages... at 10:10am!!!
Because I know well yesterday I DIDN'T send those messages at 10:10am, but really at 5:15pm and 7:20pm, I'm wondering why my email client... doesn't know that!
This is what I find strange. Then, I could accept 'Sent time' was 'created' or 'saved'... OK, but at least it was the right time! Isn't that?
Thanks
-danny

I see your problem. No - I was mistaken. Saved and Created are the same date. The only place the time sent is recorded is in the account log.
iviarck

Adding "Sent" as an option for a column header would be very useful.

mikeyww wrote:
Adding "Sent" as an option for a column header would be very useful.
I agree. I have asked for this too. For important emails, I save them and revise them over a day or so. The created date is not good enough. A "sent" date is essential.
Cheers
DrT

DrTeeth wrote:
The created date is not good enough. A "sent" date is essential.

As a work-around, instead of sending it from your Outbox, you can open the message in the editor and press Send, it will be saved in Sent Mail with the current date/time (i.e. the time it was sent).

I'm not sure how it would matter at which time you have delivered the message to your provider though. I set the 'Request Delivery Information' flag in important outgoing mail, so I get a confirmation that my message was delivered to the recipient's server, and at what time.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Hi Daniel,
Thanks for your post.
I am frankly tired of the work-arounds I have to use with The Bat! To get around the broken html formating, I have to use a clipboard utility that allows me to store several items at once. I am frankly surprised at how some new features are "incomplete". That is me being polite. I feel like a beta-tester. A proper sent timestamp is not too much to ask for. I have missed it since I got The Bat!
Cheers
DrT
Pages: 1