Pages: 1
RSS
BUG: inserting MULTIPLE images into email NOT WORKING

the topic should say it all ..

since there seems to be no dedicated area in this forum to posts bugs I did not have a chance but to post it here ..

I know some people will say "hey, this is not a bug but a feature request", but to be honest - no, I am positive this is a bug (should be implemented and working). I shall insert each single pic in a folder? No way .. ;)

Thanks,
Lee

Just sent myself an html message with three images in the body, I added them to the message via the menu of the editor:
Utilities -> Insert -> Insert an image...
It's possible that I misunderstood you...

Hi Roelof,

sigh - I meant insert multiple images AT THE SAME TIME, IN ONE STEP. You inserted them one-by-one, right?

In Outlook the open-Window allows to select multiple pics via Ctrl- or Shift + Click; in Thunderbird multiple images can be dragged into the open editor.

Both approaches are not working in The Bat! right now.

Yep, I inserted them in separate steps.

I never even considered that you might want to insert multiple images in one action in the body of a message. After all when you insert them in the message body, you want to position them carefully.

The method you describe for Thunderbird does something else for The Bat, it adds (if becessary multiple) images (or other files) as attachment to a message. (It even works that way by dragging the files to TB's main window.) As a long time TB user I wouldn't like Ritlabs to alter that behaviour.

I don't really think it's a bug, but that it works as designed, because all other options in utilities-insert add single things too.

As I'm almost only sending plain text, I've never ran into the restriction you're stumbling accross. But now that you mention it, I can imagine that it would be a usefull feature for some. So you could add it to the wishlist.

1) I am aware that there is still people out there that are using email in the ancient archaic way sending text emails. For most people in theses times these days are over. We do need email to quickly exchange  a large amount of small images - no time to upload to a server or image site. I need to be able to drag them into order within the email once they are in there (can't always tell the order before) and add descriptive text to most pics. I am doing this on a daily basis. Selecting all imgs in a folder even works with Java based web apps these days like Yahoo mail (which even resizes the imgs automatically if wanted). Let alone Outlook etc. Or in other words: IT HAS BECOME A STANDARD FEATURE even in free apps.

2) I have searched this forum for "wishlist", I have searched with Google for "The Bat! wishlist" - nothing. Really frustrating. Eventually I found a
posting of yours pointing to the totally abandoned "RITLabs Issues and Bugs Tracking System" (last posting from 01 Jul 2008 !! = probably worth nothing..).

Naturally from the title it is not at all conceivable that this system can also be used as a wish list for feature requests. Also it is not linked to officially from Ritlabs from any of their main sites. No wonder it is abandoned ...

Anyway I will post there. Already posted (what you might call a REAL bug .. ;) ) there. But does anybody from Ritlabs actually read any of this? This all seems so totally dead, compared to i.e. Thunderbird forums ...
Edited: Lee Binder - 16 December 2009 02:38:32

The bug- and wishlist system is still being used and the most recent entries are from this month, not from the previous year.

I just went there with another browser and saw the recent postings. Back into Firefox, clicking on the same link, last posting before mine 01 Jul 2008! Exactly same URL https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view_all_bug_page.php.

Then I saw the string Verdana in the search input field. Investigated: this aged system uses very old and ugly code and stores the search string as a cookie ... has been totally depreciated for years to avoid exactly what I ran into there ...

I would edit my above posting but the modification window has expired. If you want and can, feel free to delete the incorrect part in the posting.
Edited: Lee Binder - 16 December 2009 03:13:12

Roelof, after chosing 'The Bat! wishes' there is no 'Add a new item' or even anything close to that. If I click onto 'Report Issue' there is no entry for wish or feature request ...

Can you please elaborate - Dank je wel.
Pages: 1