Pages: 1
RSS
Duplicate message, One message over and over

About once a week a get a message that is delivered repeatedly.  If I check the server with the "dispatch mail on server" "New messages Only" the message will show on the server as new.  

With TheBat! set up to check the mail every 5 minutes and the messages set on the server to not delete until they are 5 days old I end up getting the duplicate message hundreds of times.

Any suggestions or ideas as to why TheBat! is not marking certain messages as received?

I have done the folder repair/maintenance etc, but that did not help.  I have not tried exporting all messages uninstall and reinstall yet.

Thank you,

Chris

That looks like the server assigns a UIDL to some messages that TB can't store/transmit properly.
Other possibility is that the server keeps assignig different UIDLs to those messages.

Is there anything that those messages have in common? Same (group of) senders, same type of attachment, cretaed with the same messsage client?

I will have to try to find a pattern.  One time it was my american express bill, the next time it was from a SPAM sender, the next time from a common store advertisement.  

Is there any way to look at the message to determine a common thread?

Thanks

Okay I have a stuck message now.  What additional information can I look at to figure out why it is not being marked as no longer new?

That's hard to say, has it any attachments, is it extremely long?
When downloading do you receive the complete message? In case you've got webmail for your account, is there any difference between what you download and what you're looking at online?
You could enable pop3 protocol logging for your account to see whether there's any doference between two downloads of the same message.