Pages: 1
RSS
filters that redirect activate during regular non-download activity - why?

I have three filters that redirect mail to my Runbox account.
In Account-->Sorting/Office Filters I can confirm this by searching "runbox" on my filters.
All 3 of these filters are:
Active,
Manual is unchecked, and there are
no hot-keys.

Under certain filter conditions their action is "redirect to (runbox mailbox)"

Under Options the checkmarks are:

This filter is active
Continue Process with Other Filters
.. and Send Generated Messages is
Accordingly to the Account Settings

===================

My understanding is that this should only work on downloading messages.

This filter however activates itself during regular activities, leading to 1,000s of redirects that I do not want.

Am I missing something?
Or is this a glitch?

Any thoughts and assistance appreciated!

Thanks!

====================

Steven

Steven Avery wrote:
My understanding is that this should only work on downloading messages.

If these filters are located in the Incoming Mail category (are they?), that would be true. Or, maybe those Incoming Mail filters are triggered whenever new messages enter the Inbox of that account.. I don't know. If so,  maybe you or some other filter has been moving messages into that Inbox, and then this Runbox-Redirect-filter took over?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Thanks Daniel.

I put a picture here:
http://www.purebibleforum.com/showthread.php?1288-TheBat!-Pictures-on-problem-with-redirect-
If for some reason it does not show up it is because I am going from Liquid Web to Siteground today.

You can see they are in the incoming area.

"Or, maybe those Incoming Mail filters are triggered whenever new messages enter the Inbox of that account.. "

Or even moved in various pseudo-random ways within the account. I noticed some happen during deletion within the box. I end up deleting lots of Outbox  messages that were triggered this way, that are not current downloads. More importantly, the Runbox account gets lots of extra baggage, without a quick and easy way to determine what is the not-wanted mail. (Yes, I could make up a bunch of filters in my POP-download of Runbox to Eudora.)

"maybe you or some other filter has been moving messages into that Inbox, and then this Runbox-Redirect-filter took over?"

It is very odd and awkward behaviour. However, I never move mail to the official "Inbox".

Maybe redirect is not used that much as a filter, so it has not been noticed?
Maybe should walk the path to Ritlabs.  
Edited: Steven Avery - 12 August 2019 19:27:38

I just created a virtual folder (from search to virtual folder) and the emails triggered the InBox folders and made a big bunch of new redirects.

Is there any reason at all that the creation of a virtual folder should utilize unrelated filters. that are in "Incoming Mail" ?

This should be trivially easy to fix.  
Maybe there are not too many people working with both redirects and virtual folders?
Pages: 1