Pages: 1
RSS
Need help with creating the filter, Compare emails with Trash with emails in another box

Hi,

I'm using my email a lot for a work and getting new emails daily that stored into NewEmails folder.
Also, I have a lot of emails into Trash.
Is there a way in thebat how to compare emails in NewEmails against emails in Trash and delete those in NewEmails in found in Trash folder?

Your workflow looks strange. Why don't you keep an  in inbox duplicates of trashed emails? Just interesting.
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

I'm getting new replies daily from different parties and I would like to filter new emails against those who sits into trash.
This way I try to avoid replying same people, who already emailed us before (Trash keeps all these emails).
I don't mind any other solution to achieve my goal. Anything?

I'm not aware of a command that compares messages in one folder to those in another. However, maybe you could automatically add all outgoing addresses to your address book (*), and then filter new messages on whether the sender is already in the address book - in other words, that you've already sent him mail at some point (I'm almost positive that there's a command for that).

(*) Options | Preferences | Address History | Collect addresses from: Outgoing Mail

As for alternatives, personally I use Quick Search all the time (Workspace | Toolbars | Quick Search). It lets you quickly search the message list (e.g. for names or addresses that you've been in touch with). Type a few characters to jump to the first matching message, or press Enter to filter the list. Be careful not to press Esc with the cursor still in the Quick Search box, or it will disappear and you have to reactivate it.

ps: Are you sure that you want to trash all answered messages? In my country, the Netherlands, a business is required to keep all correspondence for up to 10 years. Maybe you could set up a filter that sends answered messages to an 'Archive' folder?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

First of all, thanks for your detailed explanations with suggestions too. Yeah, no worry, we keep all emails and regularly back up as well. Same rules here too, but with an exception - we need to keep the correspondence for 5 years.
Your suggested way to add all emails automatically into address book could work just fine, however I can't find such option too!
So now we need to do following:

1. When some new email arrives into mail box, it need to be automatically added to the mailbox
2. At the same time, we need to know somehow if the arrived email is already in the mailbox.

Now the question is how to do so?
Edited: Jim Mart - 03 November 2019 12:00:09

Now the question is how to do so?
No, you do your question more incomprehensible in the last post :)

When some new email arrives into mail box, it need to be automatically added to the mailbox
That's how works any email-program.

I'm getting new replies daily from different parties and I would like to filter new emails against those who sits into trash.
Daniel do as I do such things:
As for alternatives, personally I use Quick Search all the time (Workspace | Toolbars | Quick Search). It lets you quickly search the message list (e.g. for names or addresses that you've been in touch with). Type a few characters to jump to the first matching message, or press Enter to filter the list. Be careful not to press Esc with the cursor still in the Quick Search box, or it will disappear and you have to reactivate it.
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

Jim Mart wrote:
Your suggested way to add all emails automatically into address book could work just fine, however I can't find such option too!

Options | Preferences | Address History | Collect addresses from: ...

Again, I don't think you can compare messages automatically to messages in a different folder. So, you could do it manually by using Quick Search to find them and compare them by eye, but there may be a better method: When you receive a new message, right-click on the sender's name. A context menu appears. Choose "View messaging history with this person". That will show you all earlier correspondence between you and that address.

I do not know if this is limited to the current folder or account, but you can do some experimenting to find that out. Also, it will replace the account tree in the folders panel with a special view. To return to the regular account tree, use the folder tabs below it. If you see no folder tabs, go to 'Workspace | Folder Tabs | Show Folder Tabs' to turn them on.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Yeah, all emails are not seems address to the address book. However, its not an option to me to compare each new email individually against the address book, since we have hundreds of new emails daily. We just want to avoid replying to the same email addresses we already did in past and which are not sits into address book.
If there is no way to do so, perhaps some plugin could help? Maybe I should contact some developers to write such plugin? If it may help and possible to do in thebat!, where could I find such guys (to write a plugin). Sure, not for free.

Jim Mart wrote:
However, its not an option to me to compare each new email individually against the address book, since we have hundreds of new emails daily. We just want to avoid replying to the same email addresses we already did in past and which are not sits into address book.

In my earlier message, I said:

However, maybe you could automatically add all outgoing addresses to your address book (*), and then filter new messages on whether the sender is already in the address book - in other words, that you've already sent him mail at some point (I'm almost positive that there's a command for that).

In other words: When you send a message to someone, The Bat should add that person's address to the Address Book. For this, you use Options | Preferences | Address History | Collect addresses from: OUTGOING Mail.

Then, when new messages come in, The Bat should apply a filter to check if the senders are already in the address book. So, you must write a filter for incoming mail, that checks if the sender is in the address book. For that, your filter would use this condition:  "Address Book" "Contains" "Sender". The filter can then move matching messages to a different folder, or it can assign a color group to them, or do whatever you like.

I think this is very close to do what I was asking. Thanks guys a lot. You the best, so thebat!
I will need some days to play with this new setup and will write you back if anything, or else its solved!

Yes, this works nicely! Thanks guys again. I have another question if you don't mind!

I have a filter to automatically reply with some template. However, people sending replies with some URL or URLs

So after my template is sent, I quote original reply and its included the URL/URLs
It's possible for thebat filter to somehow send the template and cut URL or URLs  in original reply?

Currently I have filter: "Sender" "Contains" "@" > Create automatic reply
So I put there my template and at the end "%QUOTES"

Hmm, that's a more difficult question.. :)

There is no macro that removes/replaces URLs. You could run a Search-&-Replace (Ctrl-F7) in the editor to do it manually, but you would have to know a RegEx pattern that catches URLs. Unfortunately I am not good with RegEx, so I can't help you there.  Hopefully someone else has a better suggestion!

Understood. Thanks for the answer anyway. Will be waiting for someone else with more knowledge to help.
Pages: 1