Pages: 1
RSS
Not understanding in creating filter - need help

Dear All,

My name is Andy and I need your help from you. I am using The bat version 9.1 and windows 10.

Perhaps caused by my low skill in understanding English, I could not find the solution (from internet) for my problem : why my creation of filter does not work. I will explain by 2 examples:

I created 2 filters :

- Alice Out (for my email to Alice) with condition : recipient : Alice's email address and action : move email to folder (name : Alice Out)
- Sam Out (for my email to Sam) with condition : recipient : Sam's email address and action : move email to folder (name : Sam Out)

Then, I wrote an email to Alice and cc to Sam and Tony. The result : the email was not going to folder of Alice Out but it went to folder of Sam Out. The same thing happened when I wrote an email to Sam and cc to Alice and Tony. The result : the email was not going to folder of Sam Out but ti went to folder of Alice Out.

I would really appreciate if somebody could help me on this matter.

Thank you

Andy

Don't you really need such filters? That can't be automatic for your "future" emails that you even don't write it. And my strong imho you're don't need this. Why don't you don't use it fast search for such requests?

P.S. You can do some task in scheduler for your filter (once a day for sent mail folder, for example) and all your Sam and Tony emails will be sorted once a day to your folders.
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

Andy, try changing the condition to: HEADER FIELD - TO - CONTAINS - ALICE

(and the same thing for Sam.. or try using their full addresses if their first names are too generic)

This should limit the matches to the TO field specifically.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
Andy, try changing the condition to: HEADER FIELD - TO - CONTAINS - ALICE

(and the same thing for Sam.. or try using their full addresses if their first names are too generic)

This should limit the matches to the TO field specifically.
Hi Daniel,

I already followed your instruction, but the result is still same. Do you have other advice or solution? Please let me know.

Thank you

Andy

That's weird. I had tried the above suggestion as an Outgoing Mail filter in one of my POP3 accounts and it worked perfectly (and before that, I tried your original 'Recipient' filter and found, like you, that it did not work).

Did you delete or deactivate the filters that you tried previously?
If your account is of the IMAP type, could anything on the server side be interfering?

I can't think of a different solution so maybe it is time that you contact Ritlabs' Support :)
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Hello Daniel,

I am still not able to mastering the filters. I already tried several combinations but still failed. Perhaps, I need to keep trying it till I find the right combination of filters. Thank you to you and all of you.
Pages: 1