Pages: 1
RSS
Request: How to set header colour of specific sender?

After eight years of using Netscape Navigator 3.0 I have taken the plunge and upgraded to a new E-mail program.  Thanks to the Bat developers for allowing the Bat to import all my saved Netscape messages!

Of course filtering is something new to me and although I have read the help file I can not get my head around how to configure it.

All I want to do is have family member's E-mails to me show up as a different colour in the message list field, different to other incoming E-mails

I would be most grateful for any guidance.

Well, it's rather simple.

In order to make TB recognize your family members, you place all of them in the same address book group, let's call it 'family'.

You want to make their mail in a different color, so you've got to create a color group. That can be done via:
Message -> Colour Group -> Edit Colour Groups

Now you create a filter, make it an incoming filter with the condition:
Address groups: Family - contain: sender
As action you set:
Set message colour: ....

There are other ways to keep your family post separated from the rest. I've created a dedicated folder for it. And not only did I create an incoming filter that moves family mail to that folder, but I've also created an outgoing filter that moves my messages to the same folder when all recipients are in my family address book group.